top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VOTE TOMORROW!!!!! (An Adventure at the FL Polls)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
    I didn't want to vote early--'Hub did. I enjoy going to the polling place and watching which of my neighbors are going in or coming out. Also, a couple of my neighbors are poll workers.
    lol! i'm sure hub just ran to the voting booth. we were thinking it must be difficult to get workers here in lake county because they just didn't know what they were doing. we did as you and hub did read them over and did a bit of research on all the issues on the ballot, but i think that talk show you said was discussing it hit the nail on the head.
    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
      easy answer to that one...by cutting the church days (sunday early voting days) it leaves out hundreds of minority and poor voters...those that depend on the church for a ride to the polls for years, now they can't vote. also remember it was Republican legislators that did this and the governor is a tea party member so, it's really simple.
      So party interests ARE the reason - what a surprise!
      Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
      FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
      FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

Hmmmm........... It should be interesting tomorrow. I am at work now, at a college. The Security Officer just came up on his 7:00 PM rounds and reminded us that tomorrow is voting day. Which reminded me that the college is a polling place. It will be in a different location from where I work, but parking should be *interesting* when I come in to work at 5:00 PM......
        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

...but now you're in oregon so tomorrow night you'll all be celebrating by smoking some pot!! LOL!!!!!!
          Ahh, don't think that one will pass this time... Willie Nelson actually donated to that campaign up here, funny. I'd like to go out for a nice toasty brown local brew, we'll see how I feel tomorrow... Still may not know the results tomorrow night though from what they are saying it's so close.

Dropped my ballot at an official ballot box located mostly at the libraries here. We don't even have polls to visit. But I just saw, that you can go watch them/observe open the ballots if you want.
          BK7 Filed 7/10/12 • 341 8/15/12 • Discharged 10/17/12 • Closed 5/6/13 Thanks to everyone here!

Comment

Originally posted by IBroke View Post
            So party interests ARE the reason - what a surprise!
            i'm realizing that i have CHANGE parties!

do you see the lines this morning??? how people suppose to vote when they have to be at work?
            8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
              Hmmmm........... It should be interesting tomorrow. I am at work now, at a college. The Security Officer just came up on his 7:00 PM rounds and reminded us that tomorrow is voting day. Which reminded me that the college is a polling place. It will be in a different location from where I work, but parking should be *interesting* when I come in to work at 5:00 PM......
              it's going to be CRAZY there!

stay: you think not?? i think it would a great tax revenue for the state. could bring in hundreds of millions of dollars! i'm all for it, if all the revenues let say go to education...now wouldn't that be a kick!! LOL!!!!!

Comment

I voted this morning. Got to my polling place right at 7:00 with about 75 people already in line. It took me just over 2 hours to vote! Craziness!
                "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

great you got it done freddy!

they just showed on cnn the lines are crazy all over florida! what a mess.

i'm also wondering what it actually means?? i sure have no clue.

Comment

Originally posted by GoingDown View Post
                    That's terrible when they phrase it in such a way that a no actually means yes.

Here's the way ours are written on the ballot:

A "yes" vote shall have the effect of protecting crime victims from having to pay damages to a person who was injured while that person committed or attempted to commit a felony against the victim.
                    YES

A "no" vote shall have the effect of keeping current constitutional law related to liability for damages.
                    NO

http://www.azsos.gov/election/2012/I.../prop114.htm#B

these are to written clear enough although what you are saying makes sense. the way these in florida are written it's just so misleading.

Comment

stay: you think not?? i think it would a great tax revenue for the state. could bring in hundreds of millions of dollars! i'm all for it, if all the revenues let say go to education...now wouldn't that be a kick!! LOL!!!!!
                      I believe this is the 2nd time we've had it on the ballot. This one is written a lot better than the 1st one, so it may pass. It got my YES.

Good luck to everyone today and congratulations for your determination in fighting the lines. Corruption was already on the local news this morning -- an election worker was filling in empty ballot spaces with their party choice. How do some people live with themselves?
                      BK7 Filed 7/10/12 • 341 8/15/12 • Discharged 10/17/12 • Closed 5/6/13 Thanks to everyone here!

Comment

So far there have been no reports of trouble at any of the polling places in our area. And I had no trouble parking when I came into work today at 4:30. The traffic in the parking lot looked like a normal school day. The Supervisor of Elections for our county is expecting a record turn-out for voting by the end of the day. The early voting was already 38% above the previous turnout
                        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Well, Obama won.

I can't say I am surprised.

Romney was one of the weakest candidates since Bob Dole.

If Republicans ever want to win a presidential election again, they will have to change significantly. They will have to run someone like Marco Rubio if they want to even have the slightest chance of winning. The handwriting is on the wall. The demographic change has made this current configuration of the Republican party a dinosaur. It is hopelessly obsolete.

Mark my words. Get ready for your discretionary income to shrink significantly.

If anyone reading this is still posting in this forum four years from now, are your electricity costs and gasoline costs significantly more expensive in 2016? Or are they about the same as now (2012)?

My prediction is that things we used to take for granted, like electricity and gasoline will become far more scarce, unreliable, and extremely costly. The carefree days of me driving back and forth from Arizona to Oregon each summer will come to an end, because it will not be affordable. I will probably have to move back to Oregon permanently, eventhough I hate rain and clouds (they make me depressed), because at least I have a lot of relatives living up there as a support system, and if there are rolling blackouts of electricity, it won't be such a big deal. You can pretty much get by without air conditioning in Oregon in the summer. There are a few weeks where it gets hot and humid, but then it breaks and cools back down. Not so in Phoenix, Arizona.

So, I guess, Oregon, here I come!
                          The world's simplest C & D Letter:
                          "I demand that you cease and desist from any communication with me."
                          Notice that I never actually mention or acknowledge the debt in my letter.

Comment

What I hate is the President was re-elected before they even counted the West Coast. At least five States had not been counted and the President was re-elected. Sometimes I feel like it's a waste of time voting, living on the west coast. And what about Hawaii? The election was over before alot of folks in Hawaii even voted.

Comment

Originally posted by DYLAN150 View Post
                              What I hate is the President was re-elected before they even counted the West Coast. At least five States had not been counted and the President was re-elected. Sometimes I feel like it's a waste of time voting, living on the west coast. And what about Hawaii? The election was over before alot of folks in Hawaii even voted.
                              Because they always assume that California, Oregon, and Washington will vote for the Democrat candidate, no matter what. And most of the time, they're right.

They pretty much take them for granted.

Hawaii and Alaska have so very few electoral votes that they don't really matter. Sad, but true.
                              The world's simplest C & D Letter:
                              "I demand that you cease and desist from any communication with me."
                              Notice that I never actually mention or acknowledge the debt in my letter.

Comment

Originally posted by DYLAN150 View Post
                                They are still counting FL votes right now..lol
                                "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X