The Brave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Brave

"This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave." Elmer Davis

Thank a vet today for your freedom.

The Bajan
    Filed Ch 13 Feb 9, 2012, 341 meeting Mar 15, 2012, Confirmed Apr 5, 2012
    Anticipated freedom party Apr 2015

i sure will!!! thanks for the thread to remind us
    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Land of the free, eh? I thought we were well on our way to becoming a totalitarian state, the way our civil rights are eroding faster than a sand castle in a hurricane. Just wait until the coming economic collapse, and you'll see how "free" we really are!

Comment

Originally posted by bcohen View Post
        Land of the free, eh? I thought we were well on our way to becoming a totalitarian state, the way our civil rights are eroding faster than a sand castle in a hurricane. Just wait until the coming economic collapse, and you'll see how "free" we really are!
        Note that I didn't state we are the land of "Utopia". I didn't state we are a perfect nation. I only stated that the freedoms we have (including your freedom to speak your mind) is because there are brave men and women who have and are willing to serve. We owe them our thanks. Whatever freedoms we are losing are due in large part to our own apathetic, self-centered, and short sighted natures.

Regardless of this nations imperfections, we are still the free-est nation on earth in terms of many aspects of our daily lives. Travel the world to any degree and you will see this. In fact, you don't have to travel it, just spend a few minutes studying it. Note again, I'm not saying that we are the greatest nation.... only the free-est. This thread is not intended to become a political thread. If so, I would have put it there. It's simply a reminder to all here that we do owe our freedom (however much or little that is) to some brave men and women who put their lives on the line and even gave the ultimate price for it.

It's that simple.

The Bajan
        Filed Ch 13 Feb 9, 2012, 341 meeting Mar 15, 2012, Confirmed Apr 5, 2012
        Anticipated freedom party Apr 2015

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X