OK, people, it's Capital One, not Capitol One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, people, it's Capital One, not Capitol One

It's like fingernails scratching a chalkboard when I see Capitol One. The United States Capitol is in Washington, DC. LOL. Have a happy turkey day! Thanks.
    Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

I like Capitol One.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

We needed a new thread for this??!

Comment

Is there an old thread for this?
        Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

Originally posted by drowning123 View Post
          It's like fingernails scratching a chalkboard when I see Capitol One. The United States Capitol is in Washington, DC. LOL. Have a happy turkey day! Thanks.
          Easy to mix up the two - after all, we don't know who's more poerful in this country: The Capitol in D.C. or Capital One....
          Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
          FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
          FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

Originally posted by IBroke View Post
            Easy to mix up the two - after all, we don't know who's more poerful in this country: The Capitol in D.C. or Capital One....
            I'm with you on that!

Personally, after trying to learn to properly type with long fingernails on an iPad, I'm a lot more tolerant of capitals and capitols.

Comment

Should I capitalize capital?
              Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Lol - that is why I say Cap One!

My chalkboard vs. fingernails misused word on here is MEDIUM Income. It is MEDIAN Income.
                ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
                Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Originally posted by ValleYum View Post
                  My chalkboard vs. fingernails misused word on here is MEDIUM Income. It is MEDIAN Income.
                  Well the AVERAGE new bankruptcy debtor does not understand it either. Perhaps we can get our lawmakers, in the Capitol, to change the lingo used in bankruptcy.

Really, is it "valium" or valley-yum? (I say Diazepam, you say "valium"...)

Comment

CapOne, cap1, cap one all work for me, no need to to spell it out. And medium income is almost as descriptive as median, who cares.

It bothers me when so many people say the trustee wants their tax return. Unless they haven't submitted the required documents, it's

tax REFUND.

NOT tax return! The trustee requires your tax return, but wants your money, your REFUND.

Comment

While we are on the subject, I like to say Trustee or "Tee". Some people use "TT" which sounds like something you call your aunt.

(I wonder when the Mods are going to close this thread.)

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
                        ...Really, is it "valium" or valley-yum? (I say Diazepam, you say "valium"...)
                        Wow, I must be dense, I never realized about that user name, of course, duh!

Oh yeah, that reminds me of another bugaboo. So many people writing Zanax. It's Xanax, and the only z in it is in the Zzzzz you'll do afterwards.

Comment

I would never dare call my aunt 'TT', she'd slap me.

Comment

Why would the mods close this thread? There is nothing offensive, or contrary to site policies, being discussed here.

Comment

Originally posted by bcohen View Post
                              Why would the mods close this thread? There is nothing offensive, or contrary to site policies, being discussed here.
                              It was a joke, since I'm a moderator and another moderator is participating in this relaxing topic.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X