Who has started over?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who has started over?

So we still haven't filed yet-the lawyer is dragging his feet for some reason but assured me that we'll be filed by tomorrow. It doesn't matter that much really-the collection calls stopped a while ago and no one is suing us. Anyway, we're now looking toward the future with hope-something we didn't have before. Once the slate is wiped clean, we're looking at starting over, completely. Our house will likely prove too much to hold onto, so we'll probably stop paying eventually and stay as long as we can in order to save money. After that we'll be looking to move to Maine. I'm sure some of you are gasping at this point (it's too cold, there are no jobs, etc...) but we're looking for a simple rural lifestyle-the kind that costs a fortune here in NJ. I already looking for work up there with the short term goal being renting something affordable (rent in Maine pales in comparison to NJ) until we are in a position to buy again and finding a home with some acreage (again, much cheaper than NJ) to call our own. The long term goal will be for one of us to be a stay-at-home parent while the other works, which can only be a achieved in a place where the cost of living is low, unlike where we are now. This would be a drastic move for us, moving 10 hours/800 miles away from family and friends to new place (granted we've visited there plenty and know a lot about the state), so I was just looking to hear from others who have made similar drastic moves post BK. As a student of history I see this era (2008 to present) as being a lot like the Depression Era where families uprooted driven by economics. You have men who've left families behind to work in the oil boom in North Dakota, families split apart and brought together under one roof as a result of the downturn. It's an interesting time...

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X