top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And So This is Christmas and What have YOU Done?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I learned that Christmas dosen't have be be about how much you can spend on gifts but, how much you can give, (through out the year). Spend time with lonely people at the nursing home, call the kids and grandkids and tell them how much you love them, have a nice home cooked meal with my wife of nearly 40 years and remember never to get into the debt cycle again. 3 times down that path......never again.

Comment

.................................................. .................................. What got me in financial trouble was trying to get on Santa's good side.

.................................................. .................................................. ............. This is how it happened.

.................................................. ..................................... As far as I can remember Santa has always brought me coal.
      .................................................. .............................................. Just about everybody in my community got coal.
      .................................................. ................................... I would spend my free time collecting the coal the other kids got.
      .................................................. ................................... As years passed, I found a 3rd party agent who would buy my coal.
      .................................................. ............................. Before he would take delivery I would put my mark on each piece of coal.
      .................................................. ........................................ I made a considerable amount of money in this business.
      .................................................. ............................... Then one day I tried being real nice so Santa would give me a present.
      .................................................. ......................................... This attitude of mine had an effect on my coal business.
      .................................................. .................................................. .. Soon I found myself in financial difficulty.
      .................................................. .................................................. ............. Now things are better.
      .................................................. .................................................. . The coal business is back in full swing
      .................................................. ........................ and I notice the coal Santa delivers me and those who get coal in my community
      .................................................. .................................................. all have my mark imprinted on the coal.
      .................................................. .................................................. .............. . I love Santa.
      Golden Jubilee was a year-long celebration held every 50 years in which all bondmen were freed, mortgaged lands were restored to the original owners, and land was left fallow: Lev. 25:8-17

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
        I was able to help a single mom provide presents for her children. They did a 45-minute video conference call with me earlier and I can tell that they were very happy. I did not receive a single present from any person. However, I'm the happiest person on earth because I was able to give to someone who needed to know that people cared, more than I needed something new.

It is my hope that my Christmas post finds you all well, in the company of friends and family, and enjoying the rest of the night and year.
        a bit late...sorry! come on over we have a present for you ...a good meal at least. next year you are welcome right here jb.

but just wanted to say to you:

8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

I was rescuing, vetting, transporting and rehoming stray (abandoned) dogs that were dumped at the end of my "driveway" between Thanksgiving and Christmas. One of them is still hanging out with me, but 3 are in "furever" homes where they are fully expected be spoiled rotten for the rest of their days. Not a single person in my circle got a single thing from me. Not even cards. I did, however, contribute to and actively promote the wishlist on the Lakota Children's School web page.

"When you feel connected to everything, you also feel responsible for everything. And you cannot turn away. Your destiny is bound with the destinies of others. You must either learn to carry the Universe or be crushed by it. You must grow strong enough to love the world, yet empty enough to sit down at the same table with its worst horrors." ~Andrew Boyd

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all y'all.

Comment

we have always said, when we die we'd like to come back as one of our animals! we saved this little guy kitty from the gas chambers last year and he's so spoiled, ok, so he wrecked the Italian leather couch..ok, and so what if he broke the 12 foot blinds....it's okay! LOL...he's lucky we love him that's all i can say.
            8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Hubby and I are Jews. All our kids are adults, but no grandkids. We don't give them Chanukah cash gifts, which normally is appropriate for adults, as Hubby and I are pretty much living close to the poverty line in the Barrio. I prefer toys, so they always get a Slinky and a Silly Putty, that's all. Family tradition. So, to make up for no family gifts, we gave the Catholic kids (3) next door, small gifts each night of Chanukah (except for the oldest, who helps Hubby here and there-he got a nice little digital camera/accessories-he doesn't even have a cellphone). Nothing like getting Chanukah and Christmas gifts! They were very happy!

And gave an anonymous donation to the local Catholic church (mariachi bands Masses!).

Comment

Originally posted by pamkev View Post
                Christmas though not so many gifts under the tree like years past was one of the best. It was the joy of having all the family home under one roof.
                Pam
                This was the best part of it for me this year, too.
                The world's simplest C & D Letter:
                "I demand that you cease and desist from any communication with me."
                Notice that I never actually mention or acknowledge the debt in my letter.

Comment

it's really such a great thing when we learn to appreciate what really is important to us. and, it's certainly isn't STUFF!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X