PLEASE Cross your fingers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PLEASE Cross your fingers!

My husband and I are in our late 40's (okay, pushing 50). like everyone else our age, finding a job seems next to impossible. Both of us had good paying jobs in the auto industry until early on 2009 when we were laid off within a few months of each other. That's when our already reduced income fell completely apart... anyway, I digress. The point is that he has been actively searching for the past four years for a decent job that would pay the bills and give us benefits (like medical at least). In all that time, he's had one interview. ONE. I've reached the conclusion that we will spend the rest of our lives doing a hodge-podge of things that together will keep us going. I just keep praying one of us doesn't end up needing to go to the hospital for any reason.

Okay... fast forward to now. Last week my husband spent yet another 3 days tweaking his resume (again). I was so annoyed because after four years of this it just seems like a waste of time to keep doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. However, today, he received an email saying they are looking at his credentials and will contact him IF they decide to proceed.

This is the part where I ask you all, my online family, to cross your fingers. If you're a Christian, say a prayer. It would be such a tremendous relief to us both if he could actually get this job. I'm too afraid to get my hopes up but it would serve me right for being annoyed at his tireless efforts for this to actually pan out.

I'll keep you updated when we know more. I wish I knew when that might be but with this particular job, there's no telling.

The Bajan
    Filed Ch 13 Feb 9, 2012, 341 meeting Mar 15, 2012, Confirmed Apr 5, 2012
    Anticipated freedom party Apr 2015

I have prayed for you and your husband. God is Good.
    Starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
    36 down, 24 to go

Last payment March 2015

Comment

Here wishing you both good luck, it will happen.
      chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

"That's the thing about faith... if you don't have it, you can't understand it. If you do, no explanation is necessary."
        - Kira Nerys

Best of luck Baj!
        We're in the same boat. DH sends out dozens of resumes to virtually no response each week.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Praying for you and your family

Comment

My hopes and prayers are with you and your husband...good luck!
            Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
            Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Thanks for the well wishes and especially the prayers. I'll post again when I hear more.

Comment

Keeping fingers, toes and anything else that can be crossed for you!!! Prayers are also being sent - Hold on !!!!!

Comment

fingers and TOES crossed here!!!!!!

we just gave up and work for ourselves well, i work for about six separate firms which throw me work and a bunch of hoa's. i'm too old and expensive ROFL!!!

we were luckier than most with pensions and one of so old they hit ss.....uei allowed us to save for this house. one of use worked for the state for years and took an early out, but it gave us medical now forever...(although when we got ill there were limits, no more thankfully).

something will come up!!!! you can breed those cute little puppies you have
                  Last edited by tobee43; 01-16-2013, 08:02 AM.
                  8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

All things are possible... ;)

Keeping you both in my thoughts!

Comment

But if he gets the job, wouldn't your income increase and possibly increase your plan payment and duration

Comment

It could increase our plan payment but I don't think it would increase the duration. Does anyone know the answer to this? At any rate, I would be all to happy to pay the higher payment if he could get a better job. I would not be too happy about extending the plan duration though...

Comment

Bajan I will be keeping you and your husband in my prayers, prayer works miracles. sammie
                          Plan Completed 10 months early 09/24/2014 Discharged 11/04/2014

Filed Ch 13 Aug. 2012 341 Meeting 09/12/2012 Confirmed 10/23/2012

Comment

Originally posted by TheBajan View Post
                            It could increase our plan payment but I don't think it would increase the duration. Does anyone know the answer to this? At any rate, I would be all to happy to pay the higher payment if he could get a better job. I would not be too happy about extending the plan duration though...
                            Your commitment period is based on your income in the 6 months before the month in which you file. An increase in income during the plan cannot force you to increase your 36 month plan to 60 months.
                            LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                            Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                            $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Thanks Sammie.
                              LITR, thanks for easing my mind on this. I didn't think it would but since it was brought up, it's good to know.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X