No announcement yet.

PLEASE Cross your fingers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fingers crossed and sending a little "knee-mail" on your behalf.
    ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
    Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBajan View Post
      My husband and I are in our late 40's (okay, pushing 50). like everyone else our age, finding a job seems next to impossible. Both of us had good paying jobs in the auto industry until early on 2009 when we were laid off within a few months of each other. That's when our already reduced income fell completely apart... anyway, I digress. The point is that he has been actively searching for the past four years for a decent job that would pay the bills and give us benefits (like medical at least). In all that time, he's had one interview. ONE. I've reached the conclusion that we will spend the rest of our lives doing a hodge-podge of things that together will keep us going. I just keep praying one of us doesn't end up needing to go to the hospital for any reason.

Okay... fast forward to now. Last week my husband spent yet another 3 days tweaking his resume (again). I was so annoyed because after four years of this it just seems like a waste of time to keep doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. However, today, he received an email saying they are looking at his credentials and will contact him IF they decide to proceed.

This is the part where I ask you all, my online family, to cross your fingers. If you're a Christian, say a prayer. It would be such a tremendous relief to us both if he could actually get this job. I'm too afraid to get my hopes up but it would serve me right for being annoyed at his tireless efforts for this to actually pan out.

I'll keep you updated when we know more. I wish I knew when that might be but with this particular job, there's no telling.

The Bajan
      I don't know what your situation is, but if moving to a different geographic area of the country is possible, you might consider that.

Some states currently have booming economies, for one reason or another.

I know a lot of people probably couldn't stand Phoenix's summers, but right now our economy is growing by leaps and bounds. I have been getting so many phone calls lately from people desperately looking for someone to do electrical work and various other sorts of things. Construction is back, going full throttle again. I've heard the same thing from relatives in Texas.

And there are probably a lot of other areas that are booming again.

If working full time at a higher paying job is more important than your geographic location, then just keep in mind that there are opportunities out there to be had.
      The world's simplest C & D Letter:
      "I demand that you cease and desist from any communication with me."
      Notice that I never actually mention or acknowledge the debt in my letter.

Comment

You are in our prayers! May God bless...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X