A Mother brags...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
    Congratulations to both you and your daughter! What kind of book is it? Fiction, non-fiction or a children's book perhaps? if that isn't revealing...
    Sorry it's taken me a bit to answer this... I haven't seen this thread in a while.

It's a young adult retelling of Beauty and the Beast set in a dystopian background. It's a beautiful love story with all the elements of mystery, danger, faith, and discovering inner strength. One of the most amazing things about the book (to me at least) is how you think you know what's going on and you think you know who the villain is just to find out in the end that nothing is as it seems. She has a way of making you see through the eyes of the characters and feel what they feel even when you don't really like them. Now I'm starting to tell too much... wait for the rest.
    Filed Ch 13 Feb 9, 2012, 341 meeting Mar 15, 2012, Confirmed Apr 5, 2012
    Anticipated freedom party Apr 2015

Comment

Really Great post....

Comment

"I just need to mention again how very proud I am of my daughter. Imagine having a dream to be an author, or an artist, or a musician all the way back from your childhood. Now imagine the ridicule and negativity you might endure along the way, even from the people who love you the most, the ones who think they are steering you in the right direction as they throw water on your dreams.

Imagine writing a short story as a young teenager, then having the nerve to stand up and perform a dramatic reading of it out loud to your friends, family, and community in a talent show.

Imagine publishing for the first time... only to hear people dismiss it as not really being published because it was just poetry.

Imagine publishing your first novel and again being told it doesn't really count and you still aren't an author because the publishing house closed down and never paid you.

Imagine two novels later and several thousand copies sold still being told it doesn't count because you self-published.

Now imagine the guts it takes to stay the course despite the criticism... despite the years of working in the industry for free... and finally getting recognized and congratulated because you have been signed by a top agent who is about to submit your work to the best publishing houses out there.

I gotta tell ya... this girl has been telling stories long before she could read or write. She was born an author, has lived her life as one, and will die as one. I am so very proud of your strength to stay the course my beautiful baby girl. I will always be your biggest fan."

This is what I posted on my facebook page today. I am bursting I'm so happy for her and proud of her. I had to share... again.

Comment

You have every reason to be proud of her. And in less than 2 years...you're going to share the title with us so we can all enjoy her work!!!!
          Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
          Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Originally posted by sophieanne View Post
            You have every reason to be proud of her. And in less than 2 years...you're going to share the title with us so we can all enjoy her work!!!!
            I will share ALL her titles! ...and even tell you my favorite! I can't wait!

Comment

What a great way to start my morning with such a inspiration as your daughters story.

Pam

Comment

What wonderful new Bajan and congratulations to the both of you. I know how proud you are & yes, when the time comes I would love to be able to buy the book.

I self-published a cookbook in 05' and I know the pride and work that comes with acknowledgment. sammie
                Plan Completed 10 months early 09/24/2014 Discharged 11/04/2014

Filed Ch 13 Aug. 2012 341 Meeting 09/12/2012 Confirmed 10/23/2012

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X