top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

expungement of criminal record- have you done this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

expungement of criminal record- have you done this?

I just sent in the form to get my FBI file with the $18. I want to know what is on my file. I think I was on ARD for 3 years- tho it might have only been probation. This was 7 years ago.

The 3-4 charges need to come off if I go back to working at a group home.

So I am trying to figure this matter out as well. I do not have cash for an attorney- if I pay my house bills I am doing fine.
    Discharged- pro se- chapter 7~!

In MA it's nearly impossible to have a criminal record (CORI) expunged, but a person can request to have their charges "sealed" once the charges have occurred after a certain period of time (about 5 years). When an employer conducts a CORI or background inquiry, they will receive a "No Records Found" results/remark. Currently getting a CORI sealed is free of charge in MA.
    The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

I have no knowledge of how this is done in Florida, but I do know that your employment file, such as performance appraisals are considered public record for ten years. So if you have an unfavorable work related evaluation in your employee file, it sticks with you for ten years AFTER the date you separated from that employer. And there is nothing you can do about it.
      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X