Isolation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isolation

I am about to file chapter 7. I was honest with my friends and family. I initial result was isolation. It has been almost a month since I made my intentions known and I have not heard from one friend or family member since.

Many years ago I had my first heart attack and the same thing happened. My friends and family stayed away from me for years.

As with most people I usually do better thinking things out when I can verbalize. With no one to talk with about this I find myself not thinking as clearly as I could.

I am grateful for the support I get here at BK Forum.

Nioka, I'm so sorry. When times are difficult, it's when you find out who your friends really are. Family, well, you can't choose your relatives, just how and when to spend time with them. Same kind of thing has happened to me in the past. I really don't understand people. The older I get, the more of a loner I become. I wish I had something more consoling to say, but you are not alone.

Comment

Nioka: I am so sorry that you have that type of family and friends. It may be that rather than being unsympathetic to you and your situations, no one knows what to say. Unfortunately that is common.

Know that we here at BKForum, do understand and expect that there will be 'venting' rants at times. We try to support everyone coming here.

Unfortunately there are forum parasites and trolls that find their way here. Since we are a very strongly moderated forum, most of these leeches are found quickly and are dispatched to the 'Eternal bit bucket in the sky'.

Rest easy posting with us. And I hope your heart situation is very much better....
      Last edited by AngelinaCat; 12-22-2013, 03:45 PM. Reason: spelling
      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Talk! God knows that I like to talk!
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I'm sorry. Sometimes people don't know what to say when a friend or family member is going through a hard time, so they don't say anything at all, for risk of saying the wrong thing. And if any of them just haven't said anything because they look down on you for filing for bankruptcy, well, that's their problem.

I've realized over the years that a lot of people who "look" like they have it all together, and are doing great financially, often have a lot of problems, financially or otherwise that they just don't talk about. My brother owns/operates a small plumbing business, and he's run across so many customers who seem wealthy, but who have had to file for bankruptcy in recent years. I know a number of friends/acquaintances who I didn't know were struggling financially, who have had to file for bankruptcy too.

Please don't feel like you are alone in this, or that you have anything to be ashamed of.

Comment

Your are not alone we are here for you. The people on this board are the only ones who know we filed. They were a god send for us as well as they will be for you.

Hugs Pam

Comment

I couldn't bring myself to share my BK with anyone (other than BKforum members of course). There is a lot of misinformation about BK and we all know how judgmental people can be.
              Chapter 7, above median, no asset. Discharged with no UST involvement.

Comment

The people here in this forum are great. If you ever need to talk just do it and we will listen If you need advice we will do our best to help out in that area also. Do not feel like you are alone. Because you are not. We all care very much how you feel and what you are going through.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X