Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope everyone is well :)

hi y'all

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and wishing you all a blessed New Year ahead.

Been very busy and cold with all this stupid snow and arctic air like most of this country at the moment. chugging along in our Ch 13, counting down the months...a little over 14 months left out of 60... can't wait!!

Am soooooo ready for spring....ugh. greenhouse to build, house remodeling to do.. and of course.. the BEACH! yay!

how's things with everyone?

Hi, Pandora! Good to see you!

Can you send some of that snow out West? We are having a huge drought here in California. In the S.F. Bay Area, most areas have had only around 2 inches of rain since July. Normal would be around 13 inches. People are mountain biking at the ski resorts! We got some sprinkles this morning. My husband said he may actually have to mow the lawn for the first time in months. Without water, even the weeds aren't growing.

15 payments left for me! All is good!
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Well hello there LITR,

Good to see you as well! Oh my word, if I could send all this precip your way I most certainly would! I'm SICK of snow and rain! They panic when they see a snowflake here and close the damn school down - its maddening to say the least. The worst is yet to come as we've got Feb and Mar to get through..our worst snow months, and these kids have used up all their snow days and reserve days; school is now tacking on days to the end of the year. Ugh.

Hey - how was your vacation out to HI? Hope you had a wonderful time

Sending the rain gods your way!

Doesnt it feel great to ALMOST be at the end of our plans? WHOO HOO! So going to party when we're finished!

Comment

The vacation was wonderful. It always goes way too quickly.

We actually got some more sprinkles over the last two days. As a co-worker said a few minutes ago, we need that a hundred more times! I was just reading in an article that it would have to rain heavily every day through May to bring us to normal. There are some communities, mostly in rural areas, who will literally run out of water in a few weeks.

Yes, it does feal great to be so close to done. I actually look forward to the 15th of the month so I can get one more payment behind me and remove one more pre-addressed and stamped envelope from the stack. I am considering throwing a party the month after my last payment and using the $500 that was going to the trustee on food and drink. But, I really should be sensible and put it in savings instead. Maybe I'll save for 6 months then throw a party. We'll see....
        LadyInTheRed is in the black!
        Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
        $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Hey Pandora! Nice to have you drop by to see what is going on!
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Hiya JB - good to see you as well Hope all is good down your way in sunny FL!

LITR - Glad to hear the vacay was great! I'm so ready for the beach myself...summer cant come soon enough! I hear ya on the party after completion thing! Motivated me so much I just logged into National Data Center to see what my owed balance was... we're down to 8K remaining - WHOO HOO! Still the timeframe remains, but makes it a bit more palatable when I see a dollar amount vs. monthly number LOL! Hope the rains come soon, just saw where the reserves are running low for water. Praying ya'll get some much needed rain. Make sure you start stocking up now on some bottled water just in case!

Comment

double post
              Last edited by tobee43; 02-04-2014, 07:20 AM.
              8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

hey hey!!!! so GREAT to see you!!!! GF!!!

glad to hear things are going great!! but that's your karma anyway only good to the great

beach? what's a beach?? LOL!!! just closed on a house in wake forest NC was hoping to close and leave, but with us EVERY SINGLE time we get a weather event, like sandy, or 12 inches of snow for the first time in 20 years that makes use stay longer. we are STILL here and closed in dec., but builder problems of course.

had to build the "legacy" house. i'm too tired seeing my kids struggle although they have great jobs it's still so hard for them, so now each has a place to go forever and it's really beautiful here if it wasn't so DARN COLD!!!!!!!

if you are lookin for some rain i can sprinkle some of this snow on the ground for you! we got woods and i'm so happy this year will bring us health, happiness and just the joy of a peaceful life. it's ONLY walking through that front door and seeing your loved ones that really only counts anyway. oh!! and a martini or two or three (i wish LOL!!) .

good luck on your green house! we use to have 300 gallon tanks, 2 of them and then we build ourselves a massive wood burner to heat it! if stokes correctly the wood could last for 48 hours, it was HUGE. it worked for years and years. it was fun, but now way too much work. you will LOVE growing your own veggies year round!

speaking of water, i surely miss our fresh clean well water at least here in NC we can drink the water!! best of luck on your spring projects!
                8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

this site is getting funkier and funkier.

Comment

hiya tobee

Wow - ya'll are moving? I've been gone too long it seems LOL. Congrats on the new house! Its nice that you've decided to do multi-generational living, or at least planned for it down the road should something happen unexpectedly. More and more people are going that route it seems. Sadly, its not out of want but more out of necessity. So happy for you all! What made you decide to move up to NC? Hubby says one day we'll move down to the OBX but methinks thats a pipedream; although I love the beach with a passion, I also love our little old farm and farmhouse and the peacefulness of it all. Maybe we can have both...c'mon lottery! wishful thinking eh?

Yep - greenhouse. Have done everything else, so now we've decided to stop fighting with the animals and just secure it all inside. I'll still plant some outside for them (yes yes..I'm like Old Mother Hubbard) but I need our bounty and am tired of shooing squirrels away. Tricky little suckers they are - they can get into anything I think! Should be interesting to build, we've been squirreling (tee hee) away old windows for the better part of a year now and believe we have enough to build a very nice sized one (12X12 or so). Best thing, all recycled and will cost less than a few hundred when all is said and done .

Ugh - wood stoves - been there done that. Although I've gone back and forth on having an outside woodburning furnace installed eventually, I'm still debating. We have some friends that have one and they swear by it; I'd love the heat wood provides but the smell of wood burning I cannot handle, it triggers migraines for me . Sucks when we go camping and people think I'm insane - I'm the only person with a scarf over my face running for the RV soas not to smell the smoke and then they see me plastered to the window watching the campfire LOL. I'm sure they're thinking hubby keeps me locked in the RV

Comment

ahem...where's the green frog? YOO HOO.....

Comment

We hadn't seen much of him either. I thought you still had him in your box.....
                        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora View Post
                          hiya tobee

Wow - ya'll are moving? I've been gone too long it seems LOL. Congrats on the new house! Its nice that you've decided to do multi-generational living, or at least planned for it down the road should something happen unexpectedly. More and more people are going that route it seems. Sadly, its not out of want but more out of necessity. So happy for you all! What made you decide to move up to NC? Hubby says one day we'll move down to the OBX but methinks thats a pipedream; although I love the beach with a passion, I also love our little old farm and farmhouse and the peacefulness of it all. Maybe we can have both...c'mon lottery! wishful thinking eh?

Yep - greenhouse. Have done everything else, so now we've decided to stop fighting with the animals and just secure it all inside. I'll still plant some outside for them (yes yes..I'm like Old Mother Hubbard) but I need our bounty and am tired of shooing squirrels away. Tricky little suckers they are - they can get into anything I think! Should be interesting to build, we've been squirreling (tee hee) away old windows for the better part of a year now and believe we have enough to build a very nice sized one (12X12 or so). Best thing, all recycled and will cost less than a few hundred when all is said and done .

Ugh - wood stoves - been there done that. Although I've gone back and forth on having an outside woodburning furnace installed eventually, I'm still debating. We have some friends that have one and they swear by it; I'd love the heat wood provides but the smell of wood burning I cannot handle, it triggers migraines for me . Sucks when we go camping and people think I'm insane - I'm the only person with a scarf over my face running for the RV soas not to smell the smoke and then they see me plastered to the window watching the campfire LOL. I'm sure they're thinking hubby keeps me locked in the RV
                          OH! NO! not moving!! there are kids in that house that think nana is a cook and likes making braids and stuff like that. heavens NO full time living in NC although i LOVE the land and the fact the house is so large we don't have to see each other for weeks. it was our way of leaving our children or helping them. we have a nice little bedroom suite, but i want no part of full time living with family! just visits and now what ever happens to us i will know our kids are fine.

i miss my land, my greenhouses, my clean water and fresh food. florida is NOT me that's for sure, but my D/H loves it and so it must be. we took old windows. glass doors everything we could find!

you will have so much fun with the greenhouse, you won't be sorry. but if you do have a good wood source we had 50 acres behind us free land to cut wood, so it was well worth it. i mean the wood stove to heat the green house i hate them in the house way to dirty. the NC has two natural gas fireplaces and it's nice and clean.

as for camping, well one year my mom never told us so she rented out our entire house for the summer and we took off camping to the north pole. (we made it as far as upper british columbia). however, not the best experience in my life, so nice i camp, but it's at the plaza!! LOL!!

as for for the frog he is much missed???? hmm drifted off never to be heard of again...sad

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora View Post
                            ahem...where's the green frog? YOO HOO.....
                            He's around. Normally early in the mornings, the off to the salt mines...........

I'll get you caught up on everything soon.
                            All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
                            Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

there you are!!! if anyone can get you off you lilly pad it's pandora! glad your well!

hmm is back??? i am not on a lot myself so i have not seen him/her at all. glad to hear he/she is back!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X