top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How helpful has this forum been for you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extremely helpful, like my life line.

Extremely helpful, like my life line.

I just want to say, thank you to everyone, but special thanks to Startingover08, and someone who had a BIG white truck as an avatar back in February 08.

During my bankruptcy, I hovered almost every day, gathering information. I wasn't registered at the time and I didn't post because someone always seemed to ask the question that I needed answering.

Although, my BK is over and discharged/closed, I finally registered, so that I might be able to help others the way this site helped me out during that really stressful time.
    02-12-2009, Filed Chapter 7, Pro Se
    03-24-2009, 341
    05-28-2009, Discharged!

Comment

I just wanted to take a moment to express my gratitude to the great people of this board.

I joined in August 2009 after stumbling upon it while trying to figure out what to do about my cc debt. I was about 70k in and had lost my job after hurting my back and just collecting disability. Every question or concern I had, there was always someone here to help me out with a kind heart and outstretched hand.

I found a great lawyer, filed Ch.7 in nov, had 341 in jan and it was discharged in march/may.

Thank you all so much and while you may understand mostly, you'll never understand how fully I appreciated all you did. But, I'm not going anywhere, still trying to help where I can and also clear up my cred report a bit which the forums are again helping with.

MVP awards to you all!

Comment

I think this forum has been extremely helpful. Thanks to those who brought it to life and moderate. It is a great place to get information without the negative judgment. It has helped me to feel better about going through BK, while not feeling so alone during the process. Although I have told very few people about my decision to file, it is nice to know that I can come here and talk to others that have been trhough it.

The downside? I spend way too much time on this forum! ;^)
        Filed Chapter 7 on July 30, 2010
        341 scheduled for August 26, 2010 - Done! - Report of No Distribution
        Discharged!!! - November 15, 2010

Comment

We just finished our 5 year chapter 13 when I came across this forum by accident, I wish I had found it long ago. I felt so alone and isolated in our distress with no one to talk to or even really find information ( except attorney's sites),
          I think this site would be a great benefit to anyone going through bankruptcy.
          Chapter 13 filed: June 2005
          341 meeting Aug.2005
          Confirmed Jan 2006 - Last payment made May 31,2010
          Discharge Papers received July 2010!

Comment

I am extremely grateful to have found this site. I have learned so much and realized that it's not the end of the world if I file bk. I finally realized that a credit score does not make a person. I am going to be signing my papers on July 29th and I can't wait. I finally feel like I'm taking control of financial mess, pay back my debt and not feel like a loser. Thanks to everyone on this site for the time you have taken to respond to my questions and for all the personal stories. I think that was the key for me. To hear others' stories.

Comment

Yes, this forum is the best! it has a lot of great information that what I need.
              Camouflage Makeup
              Foundation For Oily Skin

Comment

All I can say is that,. This forum is really helpful for me. It's very informative..
                brampton scrap vehicles
                junk car disposal toronto

Comment

My story.

1.3 million in real estate and CC (all used to improve the rentals) debt. Three lawyer consultations convinced me that I had to find my OWN answers, since one told me I HAD to file CH13, one told me I could NOT file BK at ALL, and the last told me I HAD to file CH7. Anyway, 3 years later, thanks to this site, I have not filed BK (since I educated myself to the fact that I was judgment proof) so still have that option (in case of health debt crisis, for instance, since I no longer have insurance), and now all of my past debts are time barred and cannot be legally collected. I lived the past 3 years on rental income that I saved up while I let all my rentals foreclose. Now, I can get a job and all of my pay will be mine to SAVE! Yes, my credit is ruined, but it would also be ruined if I had filed BK. No amount of money to lawyers (who already had given me horrible advice thaat would have SCREWED me!) would have given me the education I have received in here. THANKS~

Comment

Why not ask for an FHA Loans that will help you buy your house and keep it too?

Comment

Hey y'all, I stopped by to ask a question for a friend and saw this sticky -- I cannot put into words how helpful you all were to me when I needed it, the quality of friendship and advice I received here, and the priceless support to go through a pro se Chapter 7 all on my own. I am, and will forever be, immensely grateful.

On top of knowing that nothing pre-bk can ever haunt me again, this forum and all its juicy goodness is just bonus.

I am doing well and know that you will soon be too! Take care, God bless -- and if you can, always try to pay it forward. Good luck on your bk!!!
                      Nolo Press book on filing Chapter 7, there are others too. (I have no affiliation with Nolo Press; just a happy customer.) Best wishes to you!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X