X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for listening Laz!
    You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

Laz, maybe some better exposure on search engines would help with the goal. I think that can be done fairly inexpensively. I tell you though, that, for me at least, when I dscovered this forum I was reluctant to sign up thinking I was probably gonna get spammed to death like many other sites out there. Maybe attempting to distinguish the site from other, more commercial sites, will encourage more people to register....something like "A no-spamming, no-solicitation community of bankruptcy resources and research"....I don't know, just ideas, but it would have made me register sooner I guess.

EDIT-Missed the for suggestions click here section of your last post, sorry. Clicking there now!
      Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
      AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

Originally posted by laz View Post
        Our ultimate goal is to grow the Bankruptcy Forum ten fold.

There are over 1 million people filing for bankruptcy every year, yet we only have 30,000 of them. That means hundreds of thousands of people do not know even know about this valuable resource. I see no reason why we can't have 300,000 bankrupt fellows getting together every day. This will probably be a self fulfilling prophecy the way the economy is going.

Times of blindly hiring a lawyer, paying him, and being ignorant about everything are gone. In this day and age people must become part of the online community, join the online conversation; even if you have a lawyer, knowledge is power. You got that right. Cost me an unnecessary $10,500.00 for my ignorance and an incompetent lawyer.

I am looking for ways to not only encourage lurkers to participate but also to motivate the old timers to stay with BKF, as they have the most insight about everything. We who are here, and have actually learned the secret to the "new start" will be here. This has become a "FAMILY".

I can see now that general consensus is that the experience info is valuable (thanks for speaking up), I will be turning it back on soon. I a bit ashamed to admit miss the 'junk'. I did like the proficiency rating, some (not all) the awards, the bars NOT AT ALL, the achievements some but "friends?" as an achievement? NO.

In the meanwhile, if you guys have any idea on how to go from 30,000 members to 300,000 members, please let us know here You can bet on it. We love this place. .
        LAZ, you indeed have a wonderful place here with wonderful people. I have "lurked" in others and find them to be very superficial if not rude to many. It is not my nature to be that way, and if ever I am (and I have been in error and apologized.) I want to be corrected. Thank you for your Forum and your good business decision that have made this what it is today. It will get that 300K. Suggestions coming (you asked for it.). 'Hub
        If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by laz View Post
          Our ultimate goal is to grow the Bankruptcy Forum ten fold.

There are over 1 million people filing for bankruptcy every year, yet we only have 30,000 of them. That means hundreds of thousands of people do not know even know about this valuable resource. I see no reason why we can't have 300,000 bankrupt fellows getting together every day.

Times of blindly hiring a lawyer, paying him, and being ignorant about everything are gone. In this day and age people must become part of the online community, join the online conversation; even if you have a lawyer, knowledge is power.

I am looking for ways to not only encourage lurkers to participate but also to motivate the old timers to stay with BKF, as they have the most insight about everything.

I can see now that general consensus is that the experience info is valuable (thanks for speaking up), I will be turning it back on soon.

In the meanwhile, if you guys have any idea on how to go from 30,000 members to 300,000 members, please let us know here.
          thanks so much laz for all your efforts! i also am really hoping this great site continues to grow.

also thanks for giving me back my jewelry...i look so much better now..
          8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

I will say this - I LOVE THIS BOARD!!

I was a frequent poster on another board (mainly for fighting credit card lawsuits) and this board is so well organized & the posters here do NOT judge anyone. I have been so much happier since I've found this board.

I have passed this site along to everyone I know who is thinking of filing BK.

Welcome back Spam Queen (Tobee).....LOL
            "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

I too must say, thanks for this board, I would be lost without it and all the posters. I hope you can get it out to the rest of the BK'ers in the world, they probably need it just as much as the rest of us!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X