New Ranking System--Levels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Ranking System--Levels

In going through the boards this morning, it appears that Laz is tweaking the ranking system that the forum software uses to assign 'levels' or 'rank'.

I have noticed that several posters, myself included, that used to be 'B/F Gurus', have been 'demoted' to 'B/F Mentor'.

There are also a couple of new categories or levels: 'B/F Wizard' and 'B/F Tutor'.

As soon as I figure out what the new thresholds are, I will post it for those interested.

Just FYI, I belong to another forum that uses this software package too. The Administrator of that site, set it up that movie quotes are the ranking levels there.
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

oh....i'm posting to see what i am today??? i didn't realize there has been a change....

i would prefer the "good" witch of the southeast...if that could work for a ranking???
    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

so...if it's movies...wizard of oz would work for me...
      8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
        so...if it's movies...wizard of oz would work for me...
        That is that other forum. However, when I first saw 'B/F Wizard', my first thought was "Harry Potter anyone?"
        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

LOL!!! your funny...i think wizard of oz...you think harry potter!! two great ones...

Comment

I think my rank should be "credit junkie".
            You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

New alert button

While on this subject may I remark (as if LAZ would not expect me too?) LOL.

I suggest that LAZ considers an ALERT Button that once you click on it, it will go to a page of things that could surprise us or special announcements, which ever applies. It would then turn off once you click it (cookies and all that tech stuff) and then we would not be surprised if we see sudden changes.

We had this happen once before and a lot of hurt feelings occurred that last time when folks were backed up from lets say "Mentor" back to "Contributor".

Just my $0.02. 'Hub
              If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by backtoschool View Post
                I think my rank should be "credit junkie".
                LOL. How 'bout one called "@zz whole" for the Trolls? First Troll warning they get promoted. Second promotion called "Banned".
                If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Seriously though, I would rather have a "fun" ranking than get demoted from guru to mentor. I think its a good idea to have higher bars for guru status, and I understand why it is being done, but it is a bit annoying after a year of contributing to be "demoted". Here are some alternative ranks for me. (maybe I can have my own rank that means nothing, but makes me feel good)

TheNonExpert
                  DaisyDukeBubbaJoeBobLover
                  InsecureForumSpammer
                  PosterWithNoLifeThatHangsAroundForumTooLong

Feel free to add your own suggestions....
                  You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

Originally posted by backtoschool View Post
                    Seriously though, I would rather have a "fun" ranking than get demoted from guru to mentor. I think its a good idea to have higher bars for guru status, and I understand why it is being done, but it is a bit annoying after a year of contributing to be "demoted". Here are some alternative ranks for me. (maybe I can have my own rank that means nothing, but makes me feel good)

TheNonExpert
                    DaisyDukeBubbaJoeBobLover
                    InsecureForumSpammer
                    PosterWithNoLifeThatHangsAroundForumTooLong

Feel free to add your own suggestions....
                    LOL. I love the last one. Fits many of us. Yes it's too bad that those who arrived, now have to continue the trip to the next base. I doubt there is a "grandfathering" system in the software. It is probably a single setting and won't save the already dones'. 'Hub

Comment

I'm sitting here chuckling at some of these responses. DaisyDukeBubbeJoeBobLover too funny! I have to say though, I rarely look at the rankings. There are those of you that I just consider gurus without reading it on the side. I think most people here probably feel the same way. It becomes obvious when reading the posts that there are those who have been around long enough to really know the ins and outs of at least some areas of this maze we call bankruptcy. Everyone has those few posters whose posts they seek out for what they feel is the most accurate and trustworthy information. I even think some of you know who you are ;)

So thanks to all of you, regardless of your jewels and charms and high bars
                      Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

Originally posted by free2breathe View Post
                        I'm sitting here chuckling at some of these responses. DaisyDukeBubbeJoeBobLover too funny! I have to say though, I rarely look at the rankings. There are those of you that I just consider gurus without reading it on the side. I think most people here probably feel the same way. It becomes obvious when reading the posts that there are those who have been around long enough to really know the ins and outs of at least some areas of this maze we call bankruptcy. Everyone has those few posters whose posts they seek out for what they feel is the most accurate and trustworthy information. I even think some of you know who you are ;)

So thanks to all of you, regardless of your jewels and charms and high bars

Excellent post. How true. I would say that all the Mods, JB, B2S, and a few MANY others stand out very well. You don't need to look like a Russian General with all the medals of honor. Your works speak for themselves. Thank you F2B for your observations. 'Hub
                        Last edited by AngelinaCatHub; 11-06-2010, 12:58 PM. Reason: bad spelink

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X