top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attn: Mods - Any way to speed up the forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attn: Mods - Any way to speed up the forum?

Hello moderators, please don't take this post as a complaint, but rather a question. It takes forever to open threads or respond to posts. Is there any way to ask your providers to speed it up a bit?

I used to run a message board and I ran into a really slow board a few times and when I called the providers, they moved it to a faster server or allocated faster bandwidth. Maybe they can do the same here?

Thanks for a great forum

That's really odd... my experience with the site is that it generally clips along just fine. No problems opening threads or responding to posts. Everything comes up really fast. Sometimes it does seem to move slower if I'm not logged in, and for some reason I seem to get "unlogged" a lot. Is it possible you've experienced some of that, too?
    OK - from now on it's not a "Bankruptcy." It's a "Weight Loss Program." I'm in. Sign me up.

Comment

Originally posted by Peeps View Post
      That's really odd... my experience with the site is that it generally clips along just fine. No problems opening threads or responding to posts. Everything comes up really fast. Sometimes it does seem to move slower if I'm not logged in, and for some reason I seem to get "unlogged" a lot. Is it possible you've experienced some of that, too?
      Yes I get unlogged out pretty quickly (probably within 20 minutes) and a few times I have written a lengthy post only to be logged out (so I wish the login would stay logged in for a few hours).

But my time to switch to different forums or posts takes a long time, often 10 or 20 seconds which gets a bit frustrating.

Comment

I have no problems, other than the occasional slow-load late at night. I have ticked the "remember me" box at log-in and have not lost my log-in since.
        Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

Originally posted by free2breathe View Post
          I have no problems, other than the occasional slow-load late at night. I have ticked the "remember me" box at log-in and have not lost my log-in since.
          the last week i have also experience really slow movement....actually, yesterday, i think it was, we were down here for over 3 hours... only this site, not our server....that's the very first time it's happened like that to me. i lurked a bit over year before taking the leap onto the site...but this past week, i agree, it's been the slowest yet. i have no clue why?

maybe more people??
          8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

It's been slower than molassis since the board change.
            I complained about it then, and it hasn't gotten any better.
            Which is why I hardly stop by here anymore.
            Took almost a minute just to open this thread.

I keep hoping things will improve, but they haven't, and I am just about ready to give up on it entirely, as it is just way too time consuming now.
            7/01/10 - filed!
            11/20/10 - discharged and closed

Comment

I moved this thread from the Chapter 7 forum to this forum which is available for such issues and will gain administrative attention.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

yesterday was a first...i got an error page that had the bkforum info saying the site was down and the administrators have been notified.

this page had a direct link to the bkforum..i think it was tech desk?? or something to that effect. but the entire site again was down. i thought maybe my server had to do with it, but i had work to be done on other sites and had no problems?

maybe growing pains?
                8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

I know ongoing updates are being done in this forum. If anyone is having issues, try changing your browser to see if that helps. I had issues using Internet Explorer and switched to Mozilla Firefox which helped. The Admin. has been notified about the issues raised in this thread.

Comment

Oops! This page appears broken. DNS Error - Server cannot be found.

I have been seeing this a lot when I click on a thread to read it.
                    North Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by dub View Post

Try switching browsers...I to had that issue several weeks back.

Comment

Originally posted by dub View Post

yes! i have seen that one as well...but yesterday was a "different" page...it was almost like the "error" page was directly from bkforum.

flamingo ....good point. actually AOL is the very worse to even view this site! i like and prefer firefox to explorer, but i guess that's a personal preference.

Comment

The DNS error is tied into Yahoo. I used to receive that error all the time in here and had to backspace to get rid of it. I investigated it and it advised me to remove a "Dealio" toolbar which I could not find. When you receive that error there is link which explains the error on which you can click and get information as to why the error appears. Mine indicated the above and to remove the toolbar. Since the toolbar was associated with Yahoo searches and was not installed on my computer, I stopped using IE and starting using Mozilla Firefox which has basically eliminated all issues.

There are ongoing updates being made to this forum so they may interfere with your past settings on your computer with any changes. Please report any continuing issues on here and the Admin. will view.

Comment

Originally posted by helpme2010 View Post
                            Yes I get unlogged out pretty quickly (probably within 20 minutes) and a few times I have written a lengthy post only to be logged out (so I wish the login would stay logged in for a few hours).
                            This happens to me all the time. I copy the post and then log back in and paste it.
                            There are two secrets for success in life:
                            1.) Never tell everything you know.

Comment

Originally posted by debee View Post
                              This happens to me all the time. I copy the post and then log back in and paste it.
                              really, now that has never happened to me about the logging out. i have learn to usually type then copy in case it disappears...

nice debee!!!! ROFL!! you're looking sweet!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X