The Posts Are Not Dated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Posts Are Not Dated

For some reason when I read this forum the posts are not dated! I have no idea when some of the posts are written. They USED to have dates on them. I go to the forum listing of different threads and that is the only way I can tell when the first and last posts of each thread were posted. But on the posts themselves -- nothing.

It's really weird and irritating. Is it just me???
    Filed BK 7 Pro Se: August 2010 341 Meeting: September 2010
    November 2010
    Closed: January 2011!!!

Nope, it's not just you. It makes it hard to not bump old threads. I don't know if there's an easier solution than this, but I clicked on the "display" option and then chose the hybrid view. That way, there's a small window that shows the different posts for each thread, their dates, and also if they've been viewed or not. If there's a way to see the date stamp on each post, I'd love to know about it too!
    OK - from now on it's not a "Bankruptcy." It's a "Weight Loss Program." I'm in. Sign me up.

Comment

Originally posted by Peeps View Post
      Nope, it's not just you. It makes it hard to not bump old threads. I don't know if there's an easier solution than this, but I clicked on the "display" option and then chose the hybrid view. That way, there's a small window that shows the different posts for each thread, their dates, and also if they've been viewed or not. If there's a way to see the date stamp on each post, I'd love to know about it too!
      I know that the dates USED to show up! I am afraid that I might bump up an old thread and get "yelled" at!

ETA: I tried the hybrid view and that helps! Thanks, Peeps!
      November 2010

Comment

Odd, I am still seeing the time stamps in the blue line of everyone's posts.
        Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

It's the browser. I just logged in with Safari and couldn't see the dates. Right now I am using Firefox and I see them fine.
          There are two secrets for success in life:
          1.) Never tell everything you know.

Comment

Using IE here. I seem to remember this happening a while back after Laz revamped the forum (charms/no charms week).
            Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

I'm seeing the dated threads in Firefox,too. I guess I'll have to use Firefox on this forum from now on.(I usually use IE8)
              November 2010

Comment

I see the date and time fine using Firefox, or IE8, upper left bar above message.
                A useful plugin for FireFox is NoScript, btw. The BKForum in IE8 is 'distracting', glad I don't have to use IE8...
                “When fascism comes to America, it’ll be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross” — Sinclair Lewis

Comment

We use Firefox almost exclusively at home, and the date/time stamps are there. However, at work, it is IE, and since the upgrade, the date/time stamps are not visible. I downloaded Firefox on the work computer and the date/time stamps show up fine. I can't imagine why IE doesn't show them. I am glad to know that others are experiencing this, as I thought it was some setting that our IT department had made.
                  "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

I just closed Firefox and opened up Windows IE, and the blue bar with the date and times is there. At work when this happens with me, this blue bar is missing. For those of you having this problem, is your computer going through a router or hub?

Comment

In IE, try clearing the cookies and history files. Let us know. 'Hub
                      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Hi Hub,
                        I'm on IE8 and have a different program that automatically scrubs cookies, history, and temp files every weekend... I'm not seeing dates in IE. No router or anything like that. When I view posts I see a gray bar at the bottom of each with reply options, but there's no blue bar at the top. I'm pretty sure that I saw them when I was "guesting" but they disappeared right around the time I became a member in October. It's really interesting that some folks DO still have dates with IE8. Maybe there's a magic setting in IE. Y'know, something simple that makes us all blush a little when we learn how easy it is to change! But in the meantime, I find the hybrid view helpful so that works too.
                        OK - from now on it's not a "Bankruptcy." It's a "Weight Loss Program." I'm in. Sign me up.

Comment

Okay, so I'm not losing my mind, lol! I use IE. Not sure what changed in the past two weeks, but I can't see the dates anymore either. I thought I was going nuts with all the bk stuff swimming around in my head. Nice to at least know that they can be seen in some browsers. I'll tinker awhile with IE, otherwise I'm switching to Firefox.... hey! I just looked and I already have Firefox... let's see what happens when I run it...

Edited to add: Well, whatdayaknow? I see the dates and times with Mozilla Firefox! Ahhhhh! So much better to be able to see the time/date stamps! Yippee! (I'll tinker with IE LATER, lol!) I am so thankful for this thread! I'm not losing my mind afterall!

Lala
                          Last edited by Lalalink; 06-10-2011, 04:08 PM. Reason: Update info after trying with Firefox
                          This forum is full of amazingly talented, intelligent and caring people.
                          Ch7 BK filed Pro se: 6/2011; 341 Meeting: 7/2011; Assets abandoned; Report of No Distribution: 8/2011; Discharged and closed 9/2011.

Comment

I still have problems with that when I am at work. My work uses IE, and they just upgraded the computer to Windows7. And still no time and date in the title bar. When I use Mozilla/Firefox, I have the time and dates as they should be.

I do not have this problem at home when I switch from one browser or the other.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X