Ignore this thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ignore this thread

This forum won't let me post links until I have made 15 posts, so I am going to make several useless posts to this thread as a work-around for the problem.

This forum won't let me post links until I have made 15 posts, so I am going to make several useless posts to this thread as a work-around for the problem.

Comment

Apparently posts have to be unique too.

Comment

Did you know the plural of cul-de-sac is culs-de-sac?

Comment

Did you know the plural of attorney general is attorneys general?

Comment

The reason for this is: Too many spammers have attempted to sell their pills, sex aids, and real estate. This Forum is free but not really, Our benefactor LAZ pays for this. He gets help by way of the Google adds. Those who attempt to advertise freely, or send links of "ill repute" then that person gets banned.

We have had these problems. Give a hint as to the link you wish to add. If it falls into this class, you will too and be gone.

We also have had what is called "Trolls" who start a problem just to watch the action. We are all here to help those who need it, or to get help when needed.

My best to you.

Why not attempt in your fifteen posts to add some aid or help to others. Your moot mocking s of posts really are not going to do too much to make you a good name here. 'Hub
            If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

OK, bud, you got 16 post. Go for it.
              If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Somehow I doubt this forum software supports it, but a better solution would be to have a whitelist of domains allowed to be linked to by people with less than 15 posts. "*.gov" would be a good place to start. The rest of the list could consist of the top domains already linked to from the forums.

Comment

Originally posted by Pascal666 View Post
                  Somehow I doubt this forum software supports it, but a better solution would be to have a whitelist of domains allowed to be linked to by people with less than 15 posts. "*.gov" would be a good place to start. The rest of the list could consist of the top domains already linked to from the forums.
                  I don't think that's a good idea either.

The real question: Why would any person that just joined a forum, need to link to any site?

There is none, so that's why the minimum posting rule is present. It helps to keep spammers in check since we can, usually, quickly determine who the spammers are and have them banned before they make too much of a mess. You'll find this to be one of the most spam-free sites amongst the "free" sites. There is some advertising, but even that is limited and is only here to help defray the costs of this otherwise public and free site.

Again, I see no reason why a new poster would be so eager to post links! However, you have been registered for quite some time. Perhaps it should go by both number of posts and the length of time the user has been registered.

In the end, the whole purpose for having this restriction is to prevent spam.
                  Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                  Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
                    The real question: Why would any person that just joined a forum, need to link to any site?

There is none, so that's why the minimum posting rule is present. It helps to keep spammers in check since we can, usually, quickly determine who the spammers are and have them banned before they make too much of a mess. You'll find this to be one of the most spam-free sites amongst the "free" sites. There is some advertising, but even that is limited and is only here to help defray the costs of this otherwise public and free site.

Again, I see no reason why a new poster would be so eager to post links!
                    In my 2nd post on this site I wanted to link to IRS Publication 908 at http://www.irs.gov/publications/p908/ and was unable to do so.

With a join date of Sep 2010 I would no longer consider myself a new poster, but this forum still denied me the ability to post a link today.

New posters especially need to be able to post links to cite the information they are giving to other people.

Comment

Originally posted by Pascal666 View Post
                      New posters especially need to be able to post links to cite the information they are giving to other people.
                      I now see what you were attempting to do, and I indicated that a person who has been around for a while (such as you), should probably not have the restriction. However, new users really need to post a little more before they start cross-linking to various sites. The only reason why (most) new users want to post links, is to link to a particular site to either advertise or to increase search engine rankings (SEO -- search engine optimization).
                      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
                        I indicated that a person who has been around for a while (such as you), should probably not have the restriction.
                        Yes, I see now that you edited your post after I hit the "Reply With Quote" button. With the exception of your first sentence, my original reply quoted your original message in its entirety.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X