BK in 2008, divorce in 2010 due to house foreclosure - anyone else

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BKFOURAB View Post
    We filed BK, included our house (the real reason for the BK in the first place, never could afford the house). I had no knowledge that a place to sleep was so important to my wife. she said two weeks ago: "I knda thought that after we lost our house we would split up . . . didn't you?" My rresponse: "relationships are about people, not things. NO. I never thought moving out of a house we couldn't afford would cause us to divorce. In fact, for 25 years of marriage I thought NOTHING would ever seperate us".

Apparently, house foreclosure is a big deal for some people. Big enough deal to end a reelationship. Anyone else experience this?
    in MY case, the BK helped me decide that a divorce was also needed... I have made my own mistakes but I pay 90% of all the bills, including the mortgage.... the first few years it was because he was "in school" or " taking low paying job to learn the ropes" or whatever other excuses I accepted over the years. and even with the small bills he was supposed to cover, he found a way to come up short. in getting things in order to file BK, I found his low paying job, wasnt as low as I thought ( we filed separate taxes until this year) and thus I have been scraping, borrowing & putting my house in jeopardy, he gets to walk off unscathed.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X