top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Family Medical Leave and subsequent firing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Family Medical Leave and subsequent firing...

How can one know if one wasn't fired due to circumstances related to a prior medical leave abscence. I kinda think that's what happened to me. While family medical leave is supposed to protect your job while you are 'out', but who's to say that 6 months down the line that your employer doesn't start orchestrating your exit? I feel certain that is what happened to me.

'9

Originally posted by gateway209 View Post
    How can one know if one wasn't fired due to circumstances related to a prior medical leave abscence. I kinda think that's what happened to me. While family medical leave is supposed to protect your job while you are 'out', but who's to say that 6 months down the line that your employer doesn't start orchestrating your exit? I feel certain that is what happened to me.

'9
    This is a possible thing. Another law made up to get votes. I never liked that law as it can be used in so many poor ways. Not saying you have, but I would not doubt that your employer was not please about your absence for up to 90 days. To find out if this is so is not easy or easy to prove. 'Hub
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

This is a very big employer in town and they have very big lawyer guns. While it would be very difficult to prove this is the case, I do have 'evidence' that I was railroaded out of there for other surreptitious BS reasons. How can you go 5.5 years without one complaint and then all of a sudden, I'm getting 2 or 3 a week. Just petty BS stuff and some were outright lies.

I may have been perceived as a risk because it's a large hospital that I'm talking about and the reason that I was out on 'medical leave' was due to stress issues related to home life which required a week long hospital stay to get me stablized. The only one who knew the reason for this was my immediate supervisor who later turned into my chief prosecutor and judge. I worked in a sensitive area, the OR sterile environment, and while I would NEVER compromise that enviroment, perceptions from a few felt that I could, hence, a one-way ticket out of there. It probably didn't help any in that I was starting to make 'noises' in emails about patient safety issues primarily due to staff complacency and some incompetence. So, they 'killed' the messenger. I've posted elsewhere, I think on this site, about filing a wrongful termination lawsuit.
      Last edited by gateway209; 10-01-2012, 08:04 AM. Reason: misspelling

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X