30 Things Broke People Say (That Keep Them Broke)
January 11, 2011
1. If I earn interest, I have to pay more taxes.
2. There’s no shame in being poor, just in dressing poorly.
3. At my age, it’s too late anyway.
4. Why save money? You can’t take it with you when you die!
5. We’re only young once!
6. But it’s only zero percent interest!
7. I’ll pay it off next month!
8. Old cars just aren’t safe.
9. Whatever you want, dear.
10. I’ll start my budget next month.
11. It’s for the kids.
12. I work hard so I deserve to have it!
13. I’ll just keep paying the minimum payment.
14. My rich grandparents are going to die soon.
15. I want my kids to have it better than I did.
16. It’s cheaper to eat out than eat at home.
17. Always keep a house payment for tax purposes.
18. I’ll save next year when I’m making more money.
19. We’ll pay it off when the tax refund comes in.
20. You have to leverage debt to become rich!
21. I need to invest in a car.
22. Why save? The Lord is coming back soon!
23. If I make more money, I will lose my food stamps!
24. If everybody got out of debt, the economy would collapse!
25. You’ll always have a car note.
26. Just put it on the card and we will worry about it when it comes in..
27. Being debt free isn’t for everyone.
28. It’s only money! We’ll make more.
29. I must be able to afford this (car, house, etc.) since I was approved for the loan.
30. I’ll just use a cash advance from my Mastercard to pay down my VISA.