My big question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My big question

How often does a collection agency that is out of state, after getting a judgement, actually go through the process of getting an official to come out to your home and go through your belongings? I can fit everything I need under my exemptions, but i hate the thought of someone coming in my home. One person here told me that it is highly doubtful that this CA will go through the trouble of paying for someone to move things, for the sheriff to come, for a rental space to store my things.... has anyone here ever had a CA send someone to go thrugh their things in their home, even when the CA is out of state? I have been told they are not ineterested in used furniture, they are looking for land, stocks and bonds, bank accounts and such. How much of a chance is there that my daughter will be crying while a sheriff goes through her personal belongings looking for stuff to take? maybe even her Christmas presents!

Jeff

That is an easy answer, NEVER.

Comment

Never, ever, ever! even if they did come (which they won't), they by law, at least MN law, "have to keep the peace". If you said they couldn't come in, they couldn't force themselves in. But really, it's not gonna happen.
      Filed: 08/09/06
      341: 09/18/06
      Discharged: 11/22/06
      Closed 11/30/06

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X