Exempt property- artwork?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exempt property- artwork?

Is there any ANY way to be able to exempt a small collection of artwork? I have a collection of about 10 or so original paintings, hand-pulled prints, and a sculpture. None of them are by prolific or established artists and I paid less than 200$ total for all of them, but they were all carefully selected and mean a whole lot to me. Is there any part of the exempt property list they could go under? I don't own anything else really. No car, no home. Everything else I own falls under the exempt property listings, but I can't figure out if the artwork could. I saw something called Wildcard on the federal list. What does that mean?

Also, maybe this is a dumb question but I haven't been able to find the answer anywhere. Does the trustee come to your house? Because my former roommate left some pretty valuable artwork here (signed and numbered salvador dali lithographs) when she moved out of state, and her son is supposed to come pick them up before I move out of here, but I do not want them to think I am lying about it. Believe me, if they were mine, I'd sell 'em, but they're not.

Originally posted by somnolence View Post
    Is there any ANY way to be able to exempt a small collection of artwork? ... Is there any part of the exempt property list they could go under?
    Depends on what state you are filing in - what state is that? (Frankly since the value of your artwork is under $200, the trustee is not going to care about them.)

Does the trustee come to your house?
    No. And anyway, the expensive artwork doesn't belong to you, so it has no bearing on your case. Nothing to worry about here.
    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

bottom Ad Widget