Easy Question, Exemption for Bank Account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easy Question, Exemption for Bank Account

I had my 341 meeting and I filed bankruptcy ProSe. My Trustee gave me some instructions on what he needs me to do and one of them was he wanted me to claim my bank account ( which I had listed as an asset on schedule B ) with an exemption.

i live in Nj I have about $200 in there right now. What exenprion do I use and waht is the code I put down on myschedule?

PS- After I Redo Schedule C do I deliver it to the Trustee's office, to the Bankruptcy Court or both?

As for what to do with the papwork, you would file an amended petition with the BK court.

I'll let someone else chime it with the specific exemption, but if you want to go look for it, it will probably either be a cash exemption, wild card exemption, or possibly the wage exemption.

Comment

Here are your New Jersey exemptions - http://www.bankruptcyinformation.com/NJ_exemp.htm

Looks like you can exempt your $200 account under Wages "90% of earned but unpaid wages if income under $7500; if income over $7500; judge decides amount that is exempt".

New Jersey doesn't have a wild card (an exemption amount you can use for anything you want).
      I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
      06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
      07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
      10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
      01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
      09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
      06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
      08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
      Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

This thread is about a month old now, So what happened? Did you claim it under the wild card federal exemption or the wage exemption for NJ???

It would be extremely helpful to me and I'm sure someone else out there Thanks and good luck with your BK!!
        Sarah H Owosso, MI
        WE DID IT!! PRO SE
        Filed 7/30/07 341 meeting 9/20/07 60 DAY CLUB 11/19/07!!! :yahoo::yahoo:
        DISCHARGED!!! 11-26-07:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: CLOSED 12-06-07 :yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X