Question RE Indiana Exemptions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question RE Indiana Exemptions

I have looked at the thread in this forum RE Indiana Exemptions. The latest set of exemptions listed says Homestead of 15000, Wildcard 8000, and cash of 300.

I can't find anywhere online where the wildcard is listed as 8000??
    Everywhere I see it is listed as $4000. Does anyone know where I can find an updated list of exemptions?

Also, is personal property exempted under the homestead exemption(for example, furniture, clothes, etc)?? Or do these sort of things fall under the wild card exemption?

I would like to know if I had enough exemptions left over to cover about a $2500 tax refund. (My half)

I used $2000 for belongings like furniture, about 100 for clothes and 500 for jewelry. I also used a cash exemption of 150.

I have no home (we rent) and no equity in my car.

If anyone can help I would really appreciate it!
    Thanks!

Here's two links to the latest Indiana bankruptcy exemptions - http://www.bankruptcyinformation.com/IN_exemp.htm and http://www.indianabankruptcy.com/exemptions.html

Whatever you saw elsewhere in the forum, it must have been an out-of-date thread. If you can post the thread's internet address, we mods can insert a notice the information is out of date or incorrect.
    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Those two links do not have latest info, unfortunately

They must not have been updated since the 2005 changes. The exemptions listed by SinkingFast and summarized in my post in the thread...

...are the ones I used this past year for my Indiana Bankruptcy.

Wishing you luck FiledinMarch. I am rebuilding credit and getting my financial life back in order with the help of the posters on this site.
      August '05 Business failed.
      Spring '06 Found this site, thank heavens
      Chap 7 (no asset) filed 11/10/06; 341:1/31/07
      disharged 2/26; closed 4/17/07

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X