No announcement yet.

A comment about expense questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am filling banckruptcy and just got back my income tax check. I still owe some folks that I didn't put on the creditors list. I don't want to give up my income tax check what should i do and spend it on so the trustee can't get it

Comment

Originally posted by Miyamoto
      Here is the IRS housing/utilities guidelines, just pick your state and then find your area:

I had to laugh at this! I looked up the allowable housing expense for a single person in my county and it is almost as much as my monthly take home pay!!!
      Filed Pro-se: 01/18/06
      341 meeting: 02/14/2006
      Objection Deadline: 04/17/06
      Discharge: 06/13/2006
      Closed: 06/21/2006

Credit cards

06/25/06, reopened a Discover that I closed before my bk, $1500 limit
      July 2006, Target Redcard $200 limit
      August 2006, Hooters MC $1750 limit

Comment

means test

If your gross income is above the median income are you locked into Chapter 13 regardless of expenses?
        Filed: 12/08/2006
        Discharged: 03/22/2007
        Closed: 01/30/2008

Comment

Originally posted by ccidiot01
          If your gross income is above the median income are you locked into Chapter 13 regardless of expenses?
          No, you need to complete the means test to determine how much disposable income you have.
          *** THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE--ONLY A LAWYER CAN PROVIDE THAT. ***

My posts represent hours of research on and off the web, these forums, my experience, and my opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymuse
            No, you need to complete the means test to determine how much disposable income you have.
            Thanks, we "passed" the means test on several "calculators" with negative disposable income, but one calculator still showed it as presumption to abuse, so I wanted to make sure.
            Filed: 12/08/2006
            Discharged: 03/22/2007
            Closed: 01/30/2008

Comment

Comment

I told my lawyer I spend about $200 a month on food. He put on my expense sheet $350, lol. I'm a 143lb guy. Do you think they might question me on this one. I live in WI.

Comment

My schedule J expenses

Everyone else's expenses look good to me. I am from PA and am very new to this forum. I would like someone to look at my expenses and see if they are reasonable. We are a family of 4 which includes 2 children ages 11 and 16. We fall below the median income range.

Food $740.00 which includes paper products, person hygiene and school lunches.
                  Transportation for 2 vehicles (one is a diesel) 357.67 a month includes inspections/registration and general maintenance
                  Banking fees of 6.66
                  Vet fees of 18.96
                  Laundry/dry cleaning 15.00
                  Recreation/clubs and entertainment 30.00
                  Home maintenance 100.00
                  Medical/Dental 100.00

Our attorney feels that the food expense is high he said we should be able to survive on $10.00 a day. Attorney also would not me list what we pay a year for haircuts either which I though was strange.
                  He feels the transportation is high also but we do have receipts to verify the amount used.
                  Medical - we don't have receipts was on a health program that paid almost 100% of our childrens and my health care but husband took new job and now we all have a $1500.00 deductible and I only have 1 kidney in which I have to have tested 2 times per year.

Any suggestions would be great if you think we are to high for a family of 4 in PA.

Comment

$10 a day for a family of 4?? Is he crazy?? The IRS standards for monthly food expense is $752, and that is only for food alone.
                    Check out the means testing information here: http://www.usdoj.gov/ust/eo/bapcpa/2..._standards.htm

Also, the operation cost for 2 vehicles in PA is $470 per month.

Comment

He also told me that I shouldn't have a recreation/entertainment expense since I'm filing Chapter 7. I have researched and I see that most people's expense for that category is double what mine is. I would just hate to have the trustee make me provide reciepts for everything. I have kept the past 2 months receipts for food and transportation costs.

Comment

These are my expenses for a family of 4 in CA (less than $2k above median but still passed means test), 2 adults and 2 children, one income family (DH unemployed) and filed by myself (DH did not file):

Rent - $1700
                        Electricity - $132
                        Cel phones (3) (no land line) - $125
                        Satellite and internet - $123
                        Home maintenance/upkeep - $100
                        Food - $840
                        Clothing - $100
                        Laundry - $50
                        Medical and Dental - $100
                        Transportation - $550
                        Recreation - $25
                        Auto Insurance - $165
                        Student Loans - $120
                        Tuition (for DD) - $391
                        Childcare, school fees/supplies, diapers, toiletries, haircuts, gifts - $407

None of my expenses were questioned and I did not have to provide receipts or bank statements.
                        Filed Ch. 7 Pro Se: 12/11/08
                        341 Meeting: 1/7/09
                        Trustee's Report of No Distribution: 1/9/09
                        Discharged: 3/10/09

Comment

Not a Good Idea

Originally posted by butterbean View Post
                          I am filling banckruptcy and just got back my income tax check. I still owe some folks that I didn't put on the creditors list. I don't want to give up my income tax check what should i do and spend it on so the trustee can't get it
                          This is not a good idea. Are you above the exemption amount? If you're not, you are potentially risking committing a federal crime for nothing.
                          lhbankruptcy provides general information only. In no way is lhbankruptcy providing a legal opinion in regards to your specific situation. For information regarding your specific situation, please consult an attorney.

Comment

ball park allowable amounts for expenses??

Has anyone got any numbers for a husband and wife that were ok'd?

Comment

Expenses vary depending on where you live in the country. Expenses that worked for someone else may not work for you.
                              I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
                              06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
                              07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
                              10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
                              01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
                              09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
                              06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
                              08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
                              Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

allowed average expenses for 2 adults

South Carolina. After I posted the request, I did find a US guide. but it was not as complete as I need.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X