Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

California exemption table -confused

Hi,
    Found a link in a post in the Ch 7 forum to a california exemption table that i have not seen before. In a nutshell it allows under system 2 the doubling of the wildcard and automobile exemptions if filing jointly. it was updated by
    NALDP in 10/2007. This is the 1st time I have seen this table and it appears to be more comprehensive and well written than the others I have seen on the net. question is..............is it correct, and If not, why would the National Association Of Legal Document Preparers(NALDP) be providing it to their members as Gospel ?? anyone have the try facts ??

Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

great find thanks 44

Comment

here is anouther one

just a note that you cannot double the exemption amount for option 2. The pdf in the link says you can.

Comment

I almost always use the NALDP's charts. They are clean and very informative.

I don't ever question them, except, their Florida one was a little out of date on the Homestead Exemption (FS 222.25(4)). In their defense, the chart was updated 10/2007, but I kept getting the old one from my Internet Searches.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

To answer your question as to whether it is correct with a 'technical" doubling of the motor vehicle exemption... my layman's understanding is that if both spouses file together, then each "Debtor" gets the exemption in one vehicle.

That is to say that the debtor and debtor spouse each get the $3,300 dollars in one motor vehicle, and it must be on two vehicles.

If the Debtor spouse doesn't jointly file, then there is no second "debtor" exemption, so only one $3,300 would apply.

Of course, I'm not a Californian, haven't used their system, and only read what section 703.140(b)(2) as a layperson.
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X