top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chap 7 filed--Can Missouri Trustee Keep Medical Claims?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chap 7 filed--Can Missouri Trustee Keep Medical Claims?

My lawyer told me and my husband that his pending lawsuit that has been going on for a couple years would be exempt in Missouri. It is the railroad asking any aesbotis companies for compensation for people would have signs of asbetosis or methsolema. My husband has asbestosis which may not even turn cancerous but the railroads all around the United States have filed small claims to companies that have already paid out to many people and have also filed bankruptcy themselves.

As I said our attorney told us this would be exempt. The Trustee, however, send a copy of a letter to the law firm asking for any and all small claims or whatever be sent to the bankruptcy court. Guess what, today he got $650 and probably will continue to get a few claims of $200 to $600 over the next couple years. He has only signed three or four releases so that is all he has to come, even if he gets anything.

I guess what I want to know is Missouri exempt for pre-existing medical claims as our lawyer advised us or can the trustee take this money over a period of who knows how many years We are both on disability and these little dabs of money could surely help us get back on our feet. It's not much to some people but it is a lot to us when we have had to give up everything.

Please answer whether or not you know if Missouri does have this exemption. My lawyer is to find out but I want to double check for my our self.

Thank
    Last edited by racnforfun2; 11-10-2008, 08:56 PM.

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X