Rental Property exempt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rental Property exempt?

We currently have 2 rental houses and the home we live in. One rental property is for sale, for rent or for lease purchase and nothing is happening with it. We have no equity and will foreclose on the house. The second rental property has about $50k in equity as does the home we reside in. We are not behind in payments YET for anything but we are over $50k in credit card debt and need to do something. We live in South Carolina. Can you tell me if the rental property with equity would be something we'd be able to keep or if we'd be forced to give it up?

Thanks so much for your time. This board has been very helpful to read so far!

Originally posted by nomoneyinsc View Post
    We currently have 2 rental houses and the home we live in. One rental property is for sale, for rent or for lease purchase and nothing is happening with it. We have no equity and will foreclose on the house. The second rental property has about $50k in equity as does the home we reside in. We are not behind in payments YET for anything but we are over $50k in credit card debt and need to do something. We live in South Carolina. Can you tell me if the rental property with equity would be something we'd be able to keep or if we'd be forced to give it up?

Thanks so much for your time. This board has been very helpful to read so far!
    The only real property that ever gets exempted, is your homestead (your principal residence).

As a matter of fact, and after looking, looks like SC has some of the worse exemptions I've ever seen. Very stingy.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X