My Television

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Television

This probably sounds like a silly question - but I wanted to cut to the chase. I've kept my minimum payments up on all my credit cards (no lates, nothing), but I lost my job in December and though I've got some money in the bank, it will run out soon. My wife makes enough money to cover the basic bills, but not the credit cards, so I've been tossing around my options, the best being a Ch. 7.

I've inventoried all my property and it's all what would be considered to a buyer as "junk" -- old furniture, a 12-year-old car, old appliances and furnishings -- junk. Except for my TV, I bought it about a year ago for $1,100. What are my odds of keeping it? I'm not going to fight over it (I could use a old one), but it's the only thing I own that I would fear losing since it's passed the $750 per item.
    Filed Joint, No Asset, > $100,000 Unsecured Ch.7 6/7/13 ~~ 341 Meeting 7/15/13 ~~ Discharged 9/16/13 !!

I think these days TVs are considered household items. If you really want to list it as an assett make up a garage sale price.

Comment

You would get $300 at best for that TV....even less. Remember distress, quick sale prices are rock bottom.
      Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
      Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X