When the Trustee wants to see your tax returns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When the Trustee wants to see your tax returns

Ok, so I had my 341 Meeting on 12/5/08 (in Missouri). I figured my taxes and I am due a $6000 refund (mainly tax credits,only about $1,000 is an actual refund). I gave my returns to my attorney's office and when I called today, they said the Trustee wants me to ammend something to keep the refund. I dont know if they meant for the courts to keep the refund or for me to be able to keep it (I'm presuming for the courts to be able to keep it).

My questions is....when my refund check comes, how do they get it? I mean, say she wants all of it but $500, how do I keep the 500? Is it left up to me to cash and give them what they are requesting, or do I have to ammend my refund so that the money they are requesting goes directly to them? Would they ever just ask me to hand over the check, or will they want the IRS to cut a check to them instead? I just wondered if that is what she wanted amended. Of course, the paralegal I spoke with didnt know and the attorney has not called me back.

Also,how am I notified that they want my refund? Does the trustee send me a letter or do they just let my attorney know?

Thank you in advance!

The ways that trustees ask for these things varies from court to court. Ask your lawyer how the trustee may ask for your tax refund - he/she will be familiar with what happens in your particular local court. Good luck - hope you get to keep the whole refund!
    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

bottom Ad Widget