Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amend schedules w/o lawyer?

Hello helpful group,

I have another question. My husband needs to file amended schedules in his case and his lawyer is taking a long time to get back to him and make the changes that are needed. Can he file amended schedules without his lawyer? How does that work. It really needs to be done and is not getting done.

Thank you for the information.
    Cleaned Out

Not only should he wait for his lawyer, filing without the lawyer involved can make it very uneasy for the attorney and perhaps even further tarnish the attorney-client relationship.

If the attorney isn't responding... call twice a day. If they say to stop calling, call three times a day, until the attorney responds.

What's so urgent?
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Never mind. Just got a note the amendments have been filed. Yea! Sorry for the trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by CleanedOut View Post
        Never mind. Just got a note the amendments have been filed. Yea! Sorry for the trouble.
        No trouble. I do wish attorneys communicated better with their client. An e-mail indicating that they were submitting or had in fact submitted the amendments, would have alleviated your worry!
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X