Finally Discharged..sorda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally Discharged..sorda

Thanks for the input from everyone through process. So last Friday we received notice from lawyer that case had been discharged. Well, a few weeks before that, we were informed by lawyer for their 500.00 fee they would file the re-affirmation paperwork, but after we said we didn't want to pay that ,they said we only needed to keep making payments to Ford Motor Credit on a car we wanted to keep, and didn't need to re-affirm the loan. So the lawyer then a week later, say's they have re-affirmation paperwork from Ford's lawyer and that we better sign it and return asap, that Ford will re-posses car. They had the paperwork since September 20th. Well through the paper shuffle, the paperwork did not get back to them and now the case is closed. In speaking with Ford , they basically said sorry we want the car back and gave us two weeks to come up with something. They mentioned that we can talk to lawyer, and re-open case to get the re-affirmation filed then get a discharge. I believe the lawyer mis-informed us because we did not want to give them the 500.00 bucks they were asking for to file the re-aff paperwork. We are current on payments but don't know what to do.
    We really don't want to re-open case and stress over another discharge.
    Don't know whether to keep making payments and then one morning come out and the car is gone anyways.

Thanks for the help, and patience with this long winded entry .

Not sure what advice to give you but your lawyer wanted 500 bucks? Ouch

Ford is known for being dicks about repo'ing unless you sign the re-affirm. I was not sure if they still were doing this but it sounds like they are trying too.

How much do you still owe on the car? Is there any chance of trading it, refi it or make a deal to pay it off in full?
    3/2/09- Filed: chapter 7 / No asset
    4/1/09- 341 Hearing: 1 creditor showed up Got to love family feuds
    4/2/09- Trustee Report of No Distribution Filed
    6/24/09- Discharged and case closed

Comment

Originally posted by DebtEnder View Post
      Not sure what advice to give you but your lawyer wanted 500 bucks? Ouch

Ford is known for being dicks about repo'ing unless you sign the re-affirm. I was not sure if they still were doing this but it sounds like they are trying too.

Lady at Ford told us a 2005 law says people have to re-affirm ? We live in Ca. so I'm sure that law applies lol along with all of the other ones.

How much do you still owe on the car? Is there any chance of trading it, refi it or make a deal to pay it off in full?
      Still owe 14,000.00 on it at 442.00 a month. Car is upside down for sure , but don't have any other wheels right now. Maybe should try to save a couple of bucks and get a used private party for now.

My brother is telling me to stop making payments and drive it until they take it ,as they are going to take it anyways if I keep paying.

Thanks for the response.

Comment

yea per 2005 ride-thru is not an option anymore, however most creditors are happy to take money from you as long as your willing to give it to them. Ford however likes making examples of people.
        3/2/09- Filed: chapter 7 / No asset
        4/1/09- 341 Hearing: 1 creditor showed up Got to love family feuds
        4/2/09- Trustee Report of No Distribution Filed
        6/24/09- Discharged and case closed

Comment

Hey, let you work this out. Your Hamsters for a Victory are in researve. Let them know. GBWY 'Hub
          If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X