Urgent-forgot to list VA Voc Rehab Ch 31 benefits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Urgent-forgot to list VA Voc Rehab Ch 31 benefits

Hi everyone, I just found this board a few days ago, and I'm so glad. This is my first post. I have an urgent question.

I retained my attorney March 31, 2009, filed Ch. 7 Oct. 26, 2009. My 341 hearing is scheduled for Dec. 7, 2009. I am a 100% disabled vet and get SSDI. I listed both of those incomes. The problem is, I got Ch. 31 Voc. Rehab subsistence allowance when I was enrolled in school in 2005-2008. I completely forgot to list it as income because I stopped receiving it in July or August of 2008. I'm not trying to hide it, I just completely forgot! Thank goodness I found these boards, because another post from another vet regarding GI Bill made me realize it. I don't even remember how much it was per month, because it varied depending on full-time/part-time status. I don't have all the notices that the VA sends regarding it. I'm going to call my attorney's office in the morning, but I just wanted to get some advice here. What will happen now? Should I call the VA and ask for documentation regarding it? I'm really freaking out now, I hope we can rectify this situation in time! Thank you for any advice!

Originally posted by bkbirdie View Post
    Hi everyone, I just found this board a few days ago, and I'm so glad. This is my first post. I have an urgent question.

I retained my attorney March 31, 2009, filed Ch. 7 Oct. 26, 2009. My 341 hearing is scheduled for Dec. 7, 2009. I am a 100% disabled vet and get SSDI. I listed both of those incomes. The problem is, I got Ch. 31 Voc. Rehab subsistence allowance when I was enrolled in school in 2005-2008. I completely forgot to list it as income because I stopped receiving it in July or August of 2008. I'm not trying to hide it, I just completely forgot! Thank goodness I found these boards, because another post from another vet regarding GI Bill made me realize it. I don't even remember how much it was per month, because it varied depending on full-time/part-time status. I don't have all the notices that the VA sends regarding it. I'm going to call my attorney's office in the morning, but I just wanted to get some advice here. What will happen now? Should I call the VA and ask for documentation regarding it? I'm really freaking out now, I hope we can rectify this situation in time! Thank you for any advice!
    It probably won't make any material difference in your schedules anyway given that it was a rehabilitation allowance, but notify your attorney right away both by phone and by mail -- keep a copy of the letter. Then disclose it to the trustee at the 341. The bankruptcy schedules require the disclosure of SO MUCH data, that it's not unusual at all for people to forget something. You're not the first.
    Pay no attention to anything I post. I graduated last in my class from a fly-by-night law school that no longer exists; I never studied or went to class; and I only post on internet forums when I'm too drunk to crawl away from the computer.

Comment

Thank you, MSbklawyer. I feel much better now. Ever since getting the notice of the 341, I've been sick with worry over it.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X