Keeping but not reaffirming the cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keeping but not reaffirming the cars

I'm a little leary about this and wondered if anyone has a similiar experience in PA. We've filed Ch 7 and are keeping both cars and our house. Our lawyer recieved papers to reaffirm the cars but advised us against it since we would have to show that it wasn't a hardship. She stated that in the state of PA, they couldn't take the cars as long as we were current on the payments but it still has me worried. I have about 2 years to go on one of them and about 3 1/2 on the other. Anyone else have this situation?
    Filed Chapter 7 September 30, 2009
    341 meeting November 18, 2009

Originally posted by Mommyoftwo View Post
    I'm a little leary about this and wondered if anyone has a similiar experience in PA. We've filed Ch 7 and are keeping both cars and our house. Our lawyer recieved papers to reaffirm the cars but advised us against it since we would have to show that it wasn't a hardship. She stated that in the state of PA, they couldn't take the cars as long as we were current on the payments but it still has me worried. I have about 2 years to go on one of them and about 3 1/2 on the other. Anyone else have this situation?
    Check the PA state laws - should be a section for Autos and repossession. In MA there can be no repossession without 30 day right to cure notice, meaning basically they cannot repossess unless there is monetary default, not legally anyway.

Comment

I've been trying to check PA laws but not much luck. I'm just not legal minded enought to understand half of what is written.... ugh!

Comment

Filed CH 7 12/1/2009
        341 Meeting 01/20/2010
        Discharged 3/22/2010
        Closed 3/29/2010

Comment

Thanks Logansdad- I had seen this before but wasn't sure how this would apply in PA. From what I gathered from here and the internet I "should" be fine, provided that I'm not late at all, even by 1 day. That will be a little tough for us b/c we're horrible at money management, but I'm going to try my darndest!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X