Post Filing Credit Counseling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post Filing Credit Counseling

Can someone help me with a cheaper post filing credit counseling than the usual $50-65? Maybe you all know a website I could use? Thanks!

Cricketdebt.com it was a really good internet course and it was only 24$ fo my husband and I both to take it. They are part of solidstartfinancial.com. It takes 2 hours (minimum its timed) to complete the course and you can start and stop so you could take it over the course of a couple of days if needed. You get you cert emailed within 1 hour of completing online course

Comment

How long ago did you file? I used Cricket (the cost was actually included in our BK fees that we paid to the attorney and we had to use that service) but I got about 7 or 8 letters in the mail from companies trying to get us to use their courses. I never checked out the fees and just tossed the letters since we were already signed up, but I'd image you'll get the same.
      Filed Chapter 7 September 30, 2009
      341 meeting November 18, 2009

Comment

I filed on Oct 8th my 341 was Nov 13th. Totally forgot I had to do it but the trustee said I have til 12/28

Comment

We did ours Tuesday of this week. Within an hour of completing we got our email and they also emailed the certificate to our attorney as well as we gave them his email address. If you and spouse are doing course at same time, together, you MUST be sure to press the option for that in the front end before course starts.

Comment

I used FreshStartToday it was online and $35 for either single or joint filing. It took about 2 hours, then you need to call the councilor and go over a few things (to make sure you took the course) and they then take your payment and then via email you and your attorney have your certificate within minutes. In the CA Eastern district you need to do both pre and post courses with the company. Best of luck, the course I took did have some helpful tools, but not the cheapest.
            November 2, 2009: Filed Chapter 7, December 10, 2009: 341 Done! January 11, 2010 Last Day for Objections! February 9, 2010 Discharged!!! February 12, 2010 Case Closed, MyFico on 11/09: 550, Now: 715!

Comment

I must say the first cousre I took with another company I was totally unimpressed and found it to be just a go through the motions deal. The cricket was interactive, informative and my husband and I actually found ourselves enjoying the course and learning some of what we are doing wrong financially. Each section has a miniumum amount of time to sepnd in it and then a short 5 questions multiple question quiz at the end that you have to get at least 4 correct (that you can retake no ding for redoing) and it tells you what the correct answer was anyway. I would highly recommend it. No calling anyone when your done, your done and just check your email in an hour if you finish the course after 8 pm PST you may not get the cert until next morning (business day)

Comment

I received mail today from 50-30-20.com advertising post filing online counseling for $14.95. They say they are approved everywhere, but I'd check make double sure they are approved for your District.

Comment

Personalfinancialeducation.com it's only $30 for pre-filing and $25 for post filing. They are certified. That is who I used.
                  Filed 11/6/2009
                  341-12/14/2009
                  Last day for objections-2/12/1010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X