Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car

Just read another thread about selling a vehicle. Which got me to thinking of a potential issue. When my ex and I split, he got the car in my name that was paid for in the divorce and I got the minivan that was in both names. I traded the minivan in for the car I have now so that isn't the issue.

After the divorce was final, I gave my ex the title to his car. I signed it but I don't know if he actually took it to the DMV and changed the name over. He is still registered to vote here at my address (for some reason, he refuses to change that to where he lives now), I do not know if he lists my address for the car insurance (rates are cheaper where I live) or not.

If he hasn't switched the title over, what is going to happen to that car if I file for Chapter 7 (which looks like I will be doing)? Legally, per the court order, it's his.

Bring this matter up to your attorney right away. If the title is still in your name the Trustee will want this asset unless you can exempt it.
    Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
    Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X