top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does this mean what I hope it means???!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does this mean what I hope it means???!!

Got on PACER just now, requested case headings, pulled up Case Summary and at the top of the page was our BK #, our names then second line ...

Case type:bk Chapter:7 Assett: No Vol: v Judge:_________

Does this mean that we are considered a No Asset Case?

Also, under Pending status: it states "Awaiting Discharge". Does this verify that this is a No Asset case and that no payments must be made to the TT?

I pray I'm reading it correctly.

Thanks for any input you can give.

FL Filer

Your status as an asset case can change. That flag is based on what was provided initially. The Trustee will still "investigate" into your financial dealings and make a final determination. Until there's a "no distribution" report, your status as a "no asset" case is only "pending".

Every case, as soon as it is filed, is awaiting discharge. Again, until the Trustee actually files a no distribution report, you don't/won't know the final determination. They usually try to get this done within several weeks of the concluded 341 Meeting.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

So, I am at 32 days in Missouri after my 341 and I have not seen anyone enter an objections... but it is not over until the discharge? How many weeks after you 341 does it take to enter a distribution list if there will be one? Ours is a 7, and per our attoney it was a not asset. I looked at my case on the free records website and nothing has been updated since the 10th of Nov. That was just the motion of auto stay being denyed by our Trustee. This really keeps you on pins and needles when you are broke and hoping for a new start.

Comment

Yeah, the pins and needles thing. After reading so many other threads, I've accepted that it aint over til it's over.

I thought the meeting would be the hardest part.. crazy part really is the investigation before the case is finally filed as closed. The anticipation can be agonizing.. but just gotta wait... nothing more we can do.
        Retained Lawyer: 04/2009 Filed: 09/2009 341 Meeting: 10/2009 Discharged: 12/2009 Asset: 05/2010 made asset Closed: 07/2013 after 47 long months

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X