match.com charge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

match.com charge

I did something really stupid. I signed up for match.com because it was supposed to be free. Well, apparently they charge money to read your emails. Well, I did that on Oct. 8, for $104. I filed Ch. 7 on Oct. 26. It does show up on my checking account statement. My 341 hearing is coming up Dec. 7. What will happen? Will I get in trouble over this? It was really stupid, and I sooo regret it.

you will have no issues with it. did you find your soul mate
    9/22/2009 - officially filed chapter 7
    11/03/2009 - scheduled 341 - COMPLETED
    01/04/2010 - last day for objections
    01/11/2010 - DISCHARGED & CLOSED

Comment

Thank you for your quick reply, drowningNdebt. I feel much better now. And no, no luck on match yet, but I'm not giving up hope.

Comment

No, you won't get in trouble at all. You will probably find that very few questions will be asked of you unless they are big ticket things....and by that I mean trusts, real estate, cars, etc.

On a side note, $104 worth of e-mails? I mean do they match you to anyone with a pulse?
        New Orleans: Home to the World Champion Saints, the biggest enviromental disaster and the biggest natural disaster in the history of this nation. Proud to call it home!

Comment

yeah, you have nothing to worry about. but if you have any advice on finding a mate, please do tell!
          filed ch7 May 09
          341 june 09
          discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

Ah, match make in heaven.. They do making fire.

Comment

There won't be any problems with it but $108 to read email? Wow!
              4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
              5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
              7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
              7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

Check out www.plentyoffish.com, it's free!

Comment

Since the charge was pre-petition you should add them to your BK if it is some sort of contract and they have access to your bank account. It will cost you 26.00 plus whatever your atty charges but they can no longer take money from you for whatever you signed up for.
                  7-2-2009 Filed
                  8-28-09 341 Concluded, no assets
                  10-28-09 DISCHARGED/CLOSED!!!!

Comment

Hehe, I never found anyone on plentyoffish... just a lot of men only interested in one thing.

My best resource was yahoo personals. I did meet a few people on match.com but I ended up meeting my husband in an online game.

I did not have to list recurring subscriptions in my petition... a recurring subscription is not a "debt" in my opinion. Its not something you're paying to pay off a debt you're purchasing a service on a monthly basis. I can't see why you would need to list that.
                    BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
                    Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

Thanks for your help everyone! I know, $104 is a lot for a membership. And so far, it hasn't even paid off. But I still have some time left before I have to cancel, so we'll see how it goes. I did match.com this time because I tried plentyoffish, and like Amy26 said, the guys there only seemed to want one thing!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X