walk away fromhome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

walk away fromhome

can i walk away from my house without further repercussions to my credit and my life?

I am discharged from chapter 7 and did NOT reaffirm my house but continue to pay

I am considering walking away because the house is just too expensive and renting seems like a better option at this point.

2 of three credit reports show the mortgage as part of BK. The third does not but i am disputing that.

any thoughts are appreciated

It probably will affect your credit but then again you are already filing BK. My advise: Go into survival mode. Do what you need to do to survive. Try to save money. Don't worry about your credit report.
    Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer nor giving legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Comment

my bad communication skills strike again...i am out of BK...discharged in nov. Just wonder on a go forward basis

Comment

My understanding if your discharged and not reconfirmed on the mortgage you cant be held liable if you walk
        Started in Chapt 13 Switched to Chapt 7 Discharged 2009 Dec.........Filed New Chapt 13 in 2010 to deal with new surgery bill and stripped second mortgage! The story continues

Comment

Pretty sure you can just walk away at any time being you didn't reaffirm. I would live there payment\rent free until they give you the boot.
          Stopped Payings CC's: 8/14/2009 | Retained Attorney: 9/23/2009 | Filed CH 7: 12/7/2009 | 341 Meeting: 1/21/2010 - Complete | Discharged: 4/9/2010
          "One person pretends to be rich, yet has nothing; another pretends to be poor, yet has great wealth."

Comment

kinda what i thought...it makes so much logical and financial sense to do so but man is it a weird proposition....and i always wanted to move anyway.

Comment

For BofA, how long can you live rent-free?
              File BK7: Jan 4, 2010
              Reschedule 341: Mar 16 2010
              Discharged: Apr 22 2010
              Closed: May 6, 2010

Comment

varies state to state from what i read but 6 months on average

Comment

cool...I can save a lot of money then. thanks.
                  File BK7: Jan 4, 2010
                  Reschedule 341: Mar 16 2010
                  Discharged: Apr 22 2010
                  Closed: May 6, 2010

Comment

yeah me too if i show any kind of discipline that i guess i didn't have before

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X