top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Soon will CC creditors start calling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Soon will CC creditors start calling?

I finally got a job making half of what I am used to making but happy to have some income finally after being laid off over two years ago. I am 59 and had to cash in my 401K and rely heavily on credit cards during this time. My debts are: Bank of America $22,000
    Chase 5,000
    Capital One 3.000
    I have kept the minimum payments up to date but due to lack of funds will not make the minimum pmts. due December 1 on any of the above. I am concerned about when to expect collections attempt to start. Will they contact my place of employment (I expecially don't want this being this is a new job). If it helps I live in North Carolina. Thanks for any advice

With some creditors you can expect them to start calling a day after the payment is late. Getting close to 4 months without paying for us and 2 accounts sent to collections. Sent them a DV and haven't heard back.

We answered all calls at first so everyone could verify our contact info. We did this hoping they would not call friends, relatives or our place of work. They'll call others when they can't locate you. Seems to have worked for us.
    Stopped Payings CC's: 8/14/2009 | Retained Attorney: 9/23/2009 | Filed CH 7: 12/7/2009 | 341 Meeting: 1/21/2010 - Complete | Discharged: 4/9/2010
    "One person pretends to be rich, yet has nothing; another pretends to be poor, yet has great wealth."

Comment

it will probably start in a couple of weeks (at least that's what mine did) and yes, they will call your place of work if they can find you. If I were you I'd go online to all your bill paying websites and remove your work number (and maybe replace it with a bogus number)
      Filed Pro Se- 12/15/2009
      341- 2/17/2010
      DISCHARGED- 3/18/2010

Comment

With some creditors you can expect them to start calling a day after the payment is late. Getting close to 4 months without paying for us and 2 accounts sent to collections. Sent them a DV and haven't heard back.

We answered all calls at first so everyone could verify our contact info. We did this hoping they would not call friends, relatives or our place of work. They'll call others when they can't locate you. Seems to have worked for us.
        Stopped Payings CC's: 8/14/2009 | Retained Attorney: 9/23/2009 | Filed CH 7: 12/7/2009 | 341 Meeting: 1/21/2010 - Complete | Discharged: 4/9/2010
        "One person pretends to be rich, yet has nothing; another pretends to be poor, yet has great wealth."

Comment

I'll probably jinx it now--but we're late with USAA by almost a week now and so far no calls. I'll be late with Citi later this week and expect the calls to start right away with them.

I'm sure that now that the holiday is over, it will start this week...but, it was nice not having the calls over Thanksgiving.

Comment

I haven't given creditors my work number. When they call me for contact info. and ask about my employment info. what do I say? I do not want them calling my new employer.

Comment

just say that you are not willing to give out your employers information because you are unable to receive phone calls at work.
              Filed Pro Se- 12/15/2009
              341- 2/17/2010
              DISCHARGED- 3/18/2010

Comment

Mollymae, not trying to hijack your thread. I saw what esclb1724 wrote and had a question with that. If you change your number to call will that look suspicious ? I have thought of doing it but wasn't sure if i could get in trouble when I file. I wouldn't want the Creditors or trustee asking me how come i changed my # . thanks again and apologize for the off topic have a good day
                if you are in the san diego Area and need a great lawyer PM me !!! my lawyer did miracle's for me and has made my life better

Comment

Deleting numbers probably won't matter. We deleted\changed all of our numbers and they still called numbers we had deleted.

Bank of America still had our bank info after we had deleted it.

Comment

Chase, US Bank, AMEX called after 3 mos late. NFCU called after 2 mos late. Never answer the phone you will get use to it. AMEX transfer to collection after 3 mos then I sent DV so far never heard from them.
                    File BK7: Jan 4, 2010
                    Reschedule 341: Mar 16 2010
                    Discharged: Apr 22 2010
                    Closed: May 6, 2010

Comment

Think twice about avoiding the calls which is what my attorney advised us to do while we waited 4 months to file (we were hoping in that time my husband would find equal employment to what he had in past, but that never happened sadly)

If they can not reach you it is their job to hunt you down like a mad dog. They WILL call every number they have or can find ( and beleive me they can find everyone you don't even think of. They called every relative and even my sister in law who is divorced from my brother. They track down any link they can and they call them. They even called my next door neighbor who we don't even barely know and told them they needed to speak to me about a very imporatnt issue" and asked the neighbor if they could please get a message to me to call "Joeblow" at 800-xxx-xxx. Even though they don't say they are collecting debt, their name and numbers come up on caller ID so everyone they call will know why they are calling.

Just think it through. If you don't mind everyone knowing and being harassed instead of you, then avoid the calls. And these are just the people who told me they got calls, I don't know how many others they contacted that those persons just didn't tell me.

Comment

I logged onto our accounts and replaced work numbers with our home phone number. If they want to talk with us they can do it at our home. I'm just worried that they might have the name of our employers on the applications we filled out when we applied for credit with them.

I'm about 3 weeks late with our first cc (Juniper) and the calls started about 2 days later. The calls have all been automated messages. Our second cc, Cap 1, which is now about a week late, has only sent us a notice via mail so far. Chase is the next one that will be late, as of Dec 2nd, so I don't know yet what they have in store for us.

I was really tempted to replace our home phone number with a bogus number when I logged in and changed the work numbers. I'm afraid though that that might force the cc's to look for us through relatives and I don't want that.
                        Filed Chapter 7 April 29th, 2010
                        341 June 1st, 2010
                        Report of No Distribution June 2nd, 2010
                        Discharged and Closed 8/10/2010

Comment

Originally posted by jdcat View Post
                          I logged onto our accounts and replaced work numbers with our home phone number. If they want to talk with us they can do it at our home. I'm just worried that they might have the name of our employers on the applications we filled out when we applied for credit with them.

I'm about 3 weeks late with our first cc (Juniper) and the calls started about 2 days later. The calls have all been automated messages. Our second cc, Cap 1, which is now about a week late, has only sent us a notice via mail so far. Chase is the next one that will be late, as of Dec 2nd, so I don't know yet what they have in store for us.

I was really tempted to replace our home phone number with a bogus number when I logged in and changed the work numbers. I'm afraid though that that might force the cc's to look for us through relatives and I don't want that.

I did the same thing as far as removing work phone numbers as a contact.

As well as our cell numbers.

However, today I still got a call from USAA on my cell. Didn't answer though. My message gives my full name, so they know it was me and could have left a msg, but didn't.

So I did jinx it, like I said above.

Comment

Nah, you didn't jinx yourself, those calls were going to start. So it's more like you predicted the day they were going to start.
                            Filed Chapter 7 April 29th, 2010
                            341 June 1st, 2010
                            Report of No Distribution June 2nd, 2010
                            Discharged and Closed 8/10/2010

Comment

We stopped paying around August 1st and after looking at the pros and cons of answering the calls or ignoring the calls we chose to ignore. The calls grew to about 20 a day (11 creditors) by the 3rd week. None of our creditors had my wife's work number but sure enough she started to get calls at work which created even more stress in my opinion. At that point we answered the calls and to our surprise it wasn't that bad as all but one caller was sympathetic (we didn't mention bk at that point). In hindsight I would answer the calls as they will almost surely find out your work info which is readily available on most people's credit report. The hardest part is answering the first one.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X