Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I include this debt in my BK CH 7

I filed in May 09 & was discharged in Sept. 09. CH 7

I want to know if I can include a debt in my CH. 7 BK that was charged after I filed my petition but before I received my discharge.

Absolutely NOT.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Nope, no way. You also do not want to advertize that you created debt (accept for medical or other involuntary) betwwen filing and before discharge. Lots of issues with that.
      Filed: 9/9/2009
      341: 10/13, went well!
      Discharged 12/17/2009

Comment

nope.
        filed ch7 May 09
        341 june 09
        discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

Nope. The only debts you can include are debts that were incurred BEFORE you filed.
          4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
          5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
          7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
          7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

My husband and I filed back in March 2002. Three days after our petition was filed I went into premature labor, two and a half months early. Those bills for medical began rolling in before discharge and there was nothing we could do as far as including them in our bk.

I don't remember anything from our 2002 bk because my focus was completely on the baby, everything else in my mind was blocked out, but I do remember those medical bills rolling in and us being responsible for the payment of them.
            Filed Chapter 7 April 29th, 2010
            341 June 1st, 2010
            Report of No Distribution June 2nd, 2010
            Discharged and Closed 8/10/2010

Comment

Filing date is it!
              Filed Ch7 5/28/09 (Pro Se) Orlando, 341 7/01, UST selected case for audit 7/01, Last day for objection 8/31. Audit report filed 9/10, no material misstatements. Discharged and closed 9/22/2009

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X