Only 14 Days Left...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only 14 Days Left...

Only 14 days left for objections. I am not expecting any, I know that no one actually much cares about as my friend put it, my "cute little bankruptcy", yet I am a little nervous. The "what ifs" creep in. I called my attorney today just to make sure they had heard nothing. He laughed and said "nothing at all, nor will you!"

Here is hoping he is absolutely correct! I want to go off into the post-discharge sunset with my fiance, get married in April, and start paying on my enormous student loan debt again in peace!
    Not kidding-that actually sound great to me!
    Filed: 9/9/2009
    341: 10/13, went well!
    Discharged 12/17/2009

the what ifs are pretty bad. they consumed me as day 60 approached, taking over my life completely during the final weekend leading up to the MOnday which was day 60. so please try to get them out of your mind. concentrate on the wonderful things in your life, like having found a spouse (not all of us are that lucky!).
    filed ch7 May 09
    341 june 09
    discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

I know how you feel! The what ifs will make you crazy but like Music said focus on the good things in life. Your discharge will be here before you know it!
      4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
      5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
      7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
      7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

Hopefully I will have other, more fun, things on my mind the weekend before my 60 days are up, the day after the Super Bowl.
        C7 Filed: 2009-11-06 | 341: 2009-12-14: | DISCHARGED: 2010-02-09
        Condo: Walked away due to 2nd mortgage intransigence; 1st foreclosed. Now totally DEBT FREE!!

Comment

Hang in there Leena--I'm in the same boat, 8 days for us. Fingers crossed for both of us
          Filed Chapter 7 August 18,2009
          341 scheduled for Oct 7, 2009--DONE!
          Report of No Distribution Oct 8, 2009
          Discharged & Closed Dec. 14, 2009

Comment

Us too. Today is day 60 for us and nothing showed up on pacer so I think we are ok. But the nerves have definately caused stress, but I think I see the light at the end of the tunnel Good luck to all of you.

Comment

Me too. Last day for objections is 12/14. All is quiet on Pacer, but lawyer says to be patient now. It is sorta like the calm before the storm OR "I'm singing in the rain, singing in the rain, oh what a feeling, I'm happy again."

Good luck to you, and I will be watching and holding back your hampsters the best I can.
              (first 341 10/14/09, cont'd 341 10/23/09) (12/14/09 last day to object) (341 Shows HELD w/tt report of no distribution 1/9/2010)
              :clapping Discharged 1/25/2010 Case Closed 3/11/2010:D

Comment

Same feelings surfacing with me with weekend plus next monday to go

Originally posted by music12 View Post
                the what ifs are pretty bad. they consumed me as day 60 approached, taking over my life completely during the final weekend leading up to the MOnday which was day 60. so please try to get them out of your mind. concentrate on the wonderful things in your life, like having found a spouse (not all of us are that lucky!).
                All my fingernails are gone, my teeth are all ground down, my jaws are so tight I can eat, I have lost weight (yeah), I am grouchy/nervous, can't sleep, can't focus, sick to my stomach.................12/14 is last day for objections to discharge. A mystery to me because I have seen nothing since the 2nd 341 mtg. on 10/23. Lawyer says to be patient.....no issues to date. I hate this part of the process more than you know. WAITING.......

Tick Tick Tick Tick or
                (first 341 10/14/09, cont'd 341 10/23/09) (12/14/09 last day to object) (341 Shows HELD w/tt report of no distribution 1/9/2010)

Comment

do something that does not allow you to get distracted. like dancing, exercise, music, play mindless games with friends. whatever you like to do that will literally keep your mind off this thing. it's not healthy! you really have to concentrate on something else.
                  filed ch7 May 09
                  341 june 09

Comment

Originally posted by music12 View Post
                    do something that does not allow you to get distracted. like dancing, exercise, music, play mindless games with friends. whatever you like to do that will literally keep your mind off this thing. it's not healthy! you really have to concentrate on something else.
                    I agree with you, for those who are feeling stressed out about waiting to find out from their stats on Pacer, it is a good idea to stay busy doing enjoyable things and relaxing, listening to music, etc anything enjoyable to keep one's mind off pacer or their BK processes after their 341s have completed.
                    Chapter 13 filer since Feb. 2018 under a 60 months payment plan
                    Please think positive and do not give up!

Comment

Monday is my last day for objections now. I am so busy with work I am actually ok! I am still looking forward big time though to leaving the 60 day club and actually getting that discharge. Even a simple bankruptcy is a journey. Those who think this is the easy way out have never been on this path, I am thinking.
                      Filed: 9/9/2009
                      341: 10/13, went well!
                      Discharged 12/17/2009

Comment

Originally posted by leena View Post
                        Monday is my last day for objections now. I am so busy with work I am actually ok! I am still looking forward big time though to leaving the 60 day club and actually getting that discharge. Even a simple bankruptcy is a journey. Those who think this is the easy way out have never been on this path, I am thinking.
                        you are absolutely right. people who never had to file for bk and never went through the process are quick to judge. on the other hand, we shouldn't judge them either - i don't think i would have understood bk myself if i didn't have to go through it.
                        filed ch7 May 09
                        341 june 09

Comment

Knowledge is power and this forum is a remarkable tool. However, how would we feel if we didn't have this knowledge or access to PACER?

I know a few people who have gone through the BK process blindly led by their attorneys. Their information was solely obtained through their attorneys. They didn't have knowledge of BK laws, potential issues, or PACER. They were all successfully discharged.

When I shared my (irrational) BK concerns with them, they couldn't offer guidance and advice. They weren't familiar with laws, the NOLO book, or PACER. They simply knew they filed for BK, attended a meeting with their attorney, and received a discharge. Pretty darn simple.

I think it's fabulous we have the opportunity to share our experiences and learn about the process, potential issues, and law. I cherish the support I've been offered and I thoroughly appreciate the knowledge I've gained. I recognize this knowledge, the experiences endured by others, oftentimes isn't applicable to me. If I hadn't found this forum, if I didn't know about PACER, I would have made it through this process guided by my attorney. My point...embrace the knowledge and support offered here...and don't let it work against you.
                          *Filed: September 23, 2009 *341: November 4, 2009 *Discharged: January 4, 2010 *Closed: January 20, 2010

Hakuna Matata...it means NO WORRIES!

Comment

Dec 28th is suppose to be my last day for objections. When I get those cute little collection letters from BOA that I forward to my attorney I think about the day when I will not get those anymore... free...to go forward and hope that hubby stays well! 17 more days and it seems like it is going fast really.

Comment

Leena, 12/14 is my last day of objections to discharge too. I am ready to move on too.
                              Kinda tired now. The bk forum sure has shed some light on the bk process in real time.
                              I have learned so much here. Good luck to you tomorrow.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X