top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions about missing first CC payments.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions about missing first CC payments.

I have finally come to the realization of BK. $40k in CC debt, $82k in student loans and a declining income due to divorce and this crappy economy.
    I havent filed yet as I am waiting on an $8k tax refund, but I cannot pay my bills with this student loan debt. I had these in deferrment for 2 yrs, but my lenders will not let me anymore. I have decided to pay the student loans and not the CC since they are with me until I die.

I have really struggled to pay my min monthly payments on SL's and CC's, like eating at friends and family's house 4-5 nights a week, but cannot any longer. My CC lenders have graciously tagged late fees and 30% interest on all my accounts.

My question is:
    Should I struggle to pay something to my CC and then file? Is there any advantage to not stopping paying for 3-6 months before filing?
    Most of the means test I have done, show me over the median income, but with -$600 after allotments. This doesn't include my SL payments of $1200 per month. I feel I am a slam dunk Chapter 7.

Any advice???

I suggest talking to a BK attorney in your area, most of which offer free consultations.

After that, if you are still sure this is the path you need to go down, I would stop paying the CC's. and work towards the attorneys fees.

Best of luck to you
    8-07-09-filed Chapter 7
    11-18-09-DISCHARGED!!

Life is not what challenges you face, but how you face those challenges.

Comment

82K in student loans. I feel for you..... that's a tough nut to meet each month.
      All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
      Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

That didnt include my ex's 22k. We basically had about 100k in SL debt.

Comment

You will feel so much better after you consult an attorney.

Meatstick

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X