341 was today, went great!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 was today, went great!

Attended my 341 this afternoon, it went well from what I could tell. I was asked the standard set of questions and the trustee declared the meeting concluded.

My attorney was at first concerned about the vehicles I own outright and a couple of firearms I still own but the trustee never really mentioned them in either the pre-341 conference call or at the meeting. This even though my exemptions only cover 1 vehicle. Now my non-filing wife is on both titles and the vehicle equity that I have interest in is less than 1k per vehicle so I hope that helped. In the cases that came before mine he mentioned several times that either he would revisit vehicle equity at a later time with the debtors or he had already spoken to them regarding the issue and advised he would set a time and place to pick the vehicles or property up.

I hope I am safe to assume that he has no interest but, knock on wood, who knows? Any thoughts or questions? Was not what I expected, he was very nice and had a great sense of humor.

Here's to the 60 day club!!
    Retained Attorney: 10/09
    Filed Ch7: 10/09 341 meeting: 12/09
    Discharged and closed: 2/10

Sweet. Welcome to the 60 day CLUB.

Comment

nice BOM, congrats !

quick question what kinda questions did they ask you? I am getting prepared to file and was curious what they would ask? thanks again and have a good day
      if you are in the san diego Area and need a great lawyer PM me !!! my lawyer did miracle's for me and has made my life better

Comment

Essentially he asked for me to state my name, address, if I listed all my debts, listed all my property, do I pay child support, receive child support, am I expecting inheretence, am i able to sue anyone. Just the standard questions.

Comment

Congratulations!
          Filed Chapter 7: 7/3/09
          341 Hearing: 8/6/09 - Went Smoothly!
          Discharged: 11/30/2009
          Closed: 12/16/2009

Comment

Thanks! How long does it usually take for the trustee to decide if it will be no distribution?

Comment

Welcome to the 60 day club!!!

It took my Trustee about a week to declare my case a no assets case I've heard that some trustees update right after the 341
              May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
              May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
              May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
              9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

So, is it safe to assume that if the trustee doesn't ask questions at the 341 about a particular asset, then they aren't planning on trying to do more investigation around the asset?

We're filing tomorrow, and after what seems like a never ending run of things not going our way, we're a little paranoid about the bankruptcy going bad as well and losing our home. I'm hoping that we'll have some indicators a long the way if the trustee is disagreeing with our asset valuations.
                12/2/09- Filed non-consumer Chp. 7
                1/11/10- 341 Hearing
                1/21/10- Confirmed No Asset
                3/12/10- Discharge date

Comment

I wish i could answer that for you with certainty. I can only speak for the TT that I dealt with. I would feel pretty good if nothing is mentioned but I have heard of things coming up past the 341 quite often so YMMV but I would probably feel better about it. Good luck on your 341, you'll be in the 60 day club before you know it!

Comment

Congrats!
                    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
                    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Had my 341 yesterday also...not sure how it went. My trustee was very matter of fact. My attorney seemed good but then again this is my life not his.

I filed alone but I have a working spouse and Im a little paranoid about her car even though it is solely in her name...

They didn't ask for the value of her car (just mine) pre 341....so why did they bring that up in the meeting? Will they review her records now...I just dont want her to loose anything because of my bad business venture....

Comment

Thats a good question Atlas, not sure what state you're in but is it a community property state? That may be why but I am not well versed where that comes in, maybe one of the gurus may chime in.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X