Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chap 7 341 chances

Hi All,

New to this site, looks promising. Shortly, I pass the means test (Last year tax returns were approx 34000$) but recently accepted a contract job of 6 months that may extend or terminate well before 6 months, where I make close to 7600 gross per month and we are family of 2 with spouse not working. Accepted the new offer and started working from 10/19/09 and filed on 11/19/09.
    No assets case, close to 39k in CC debit and 48k in foreclosure debt.

What are the chances of successful chapter 7 discharge? Will the trustee look at my current job ?

Do the Lawyers office need to send any tax papers before the 341? Filled electronically.

What documents to carry to the 341 meeting?

Trustee and UST are the same or different?

What kind of transactions should I avoid? was planning for some Chrsitmas gifts, need to put them off till 341?

Finally on PACER, Flags: MEANSNO is this entered by the trustee or from the application that I have filled?

So many questions on my mind and just nervous.

Thanks,

Anyone

Comment

I was asked "Has your financial situation changed?" If you are asked that, you better be honest. Although, if he doesn't ask, I guess you don't have to say anything? Anyone else want to chime in?
      Retained Lawyer: 04/2009 Filed: 09/2009 341 Meeting: 10/2009 Discharged: 12/2009 Asset: 05/2010 made asset Closed: 07/2013 after 47 long months

Comment

Thank you, intend to tell the truth

Comment

At my 341, I was asked the same question whether my financial situation has changed. Like the above poster said, answer questions honestly to the trustee and you will be fine. If answered honestly at your 341 and the trustee decides you are not an asset case, then your CH 7 discharge should go smoothly. There have been cases of some debtors going from no asset to asset case, but in most cases, they get their CH 7 discharges.

Maybe other more experienced posters can pitch in to answer the rest of your questions. Good luck
          Chapter 13 filer since Feb. 2018 under a 60 months payment plan
          Please think positive and do not give up!

Comment

Originally posted by kriskumarr View Post
            Hi All,
            What are the chances of successful chapter 7 discharge? Will the trustee look at my current job ? We can not give you chances of a successful discharge, there are way too many variables. But the trustee will probably ask if circumstances have changed since you filed.

What documents to carry to the 341 meeting?

Trustee and UST are the same or different? Different. The Trustee actually oversees your case, while the UST oversees the Trustee. Some cases are chosen to be looked at closer. (I could be wrong on this, but this is my understanding)

What kind of transactions should I avoid? was planning for some Christmas gifts, need to put them off till 341?

Finally on PACER, Flags: MEANSNO is this entered by the trustee or from the application that I have filled?No idea, but my case had that flag too for a short time early in the process.
            I wish you the best.
            8-07-09-filed Chapter 7
            11-18-09-DISCHARGED!!

Life is not what challenges you face, but how you face those challenges.

Comment

The MEANSNO flag means that the "presumption of abuse does not arise", so its sounds like you passed the first hurdle...it can change but doubtful. If you Xmas shop within your means, you have nothing to worry about, your BK estate was created the day you filed, any earnings or gifts after that date are off limits to the trustee. One member stated it well..."your BK is a snapshot, not a motion picture"

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X