Automatic Debits after filing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automatic Debits after filing

I filed on Nov 24 and forgot that I had an auto payment set up for one of my credit cards...well it came out today. Do I call them and tell them, or leave it alone? I mean I didn't notify them so it's my own fault.

bump

Comment

It's done now, just cancel it for the future. I opened a new account that NO creditors have the info for.
      19% dividend

Comment

If you want/need the money back, your attorney can instruct them to give it back. Given how recently you filed, they may not have gotten the info into their system. If you still have access to your account online, you can probably stop it easily enough. However, my online access was blocked almost instantly from filing.

I tried to cancel an autopay, which didn't happen. In my case, I actually filed a form to cancel the autopay with the creditor, but they ignored it. They even have me reported as IIB on the credit report, so they obviously know about the filing. Attorney is telling them to put the money back. We'll see what happens.

I kind of hope they do it again, because their customer service is asinine and I'd love for them to get in trouble for it.

Comment

even with the stay in effect, our mortgage company continued to take two full payments out. In spite of all efforts with the bank, ultimately we needed to close the account and open a new one. DO SO, this is money that could be hard to recover. Close any accounts with automated payments!

Comment

Wells Fargo automatically continued to take my house payments out. However, I had planned on reaffirming so I didn't try to stop the payments.

Comment

We had an ACH on an unsecured debt, we did a stop pay on it right before filing and it has not paid out again. But, I don't do direct deposit, no do I borrow money from where I bank. The bank is small and local where I bank and had the ACH set up so they seems to handle it. Where I work is a different story, we are so huge I would have closed the account rather than take a chance on having them catch anything. The smaller local bank is not worked as hard at the branch level, they seem to have time to do a good job I think is the reason.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X