top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will HOA keep up maintenance since still paying fees?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will HOA keep up maintenance since still paying fees?

Just found out I have to continue to pay HOA fees until deed gets transferred, but I was wondering, if I'm still paying these stupid fees even though I don't live there, is the home owners association taking care of the outside of my old house? We haven't lived there in 6 months and it cannot be nice anymore.

Your HOA is not responsible for the upkeep of your house living in it or not. Now they may be paying the local landscape company to take care of the yard but if they are you will be getting billed for it.

Your HOA fees are generally used for upkeep of your common areas and such.

Meatstick

Comment

we haven't been in a home we abandoned 2 years ago. Our attorney said the HOA will have to file a lien and when the home is sold (foreclosure sale) the lien , taxes etc. will all have to be paid by the new buyer. Our home (the deed) is still in our name even though we were discharged of the loan. I'm in the process of contacting an att. to get the deed transferred to Wachovia, since they have done nothing but drag their feet. Our HOA periodically has the lawn & the landscaping trimmed, but the grounds in general are looking shabby!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X