Someone made a BIG mistake!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone made a BIG mistake!

If this happened to me, this is what I would do.

Log into PACER and verify the documents have the appropriate information for you. Then get your copy of the papers you signed with your attorney and check the info there as well.

If you don't see the mistake, who is to say it has anything at all to do with you? I am sure that someone, somewhere has a SSN close to your sisters, right? That stuff happens, but it sucks when it does.

Also, your sister needs to run a credit report on herself, to verify that something is wrong and then get a hold of the district that shows she filed in, and straighten it out.

As for the phone calls...could be anybody and again, probably not connected to you in any way.
    8-07-09-filed Chapter 7
    11-18-09-DISCHARGED!!

Life is not what challenges you face, but how you face those challenges.

Comment

Definitely have your sister run her own credit. See if there's a "Public Entry" for a bankruptcy filing. If so, then she may need to have it removed and then to contact all her creditors. Your SSN and her SSN may be "cross-linked" in the Credit Report Agency database as well.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanx guys I will do that... Hopefully it's just someone at her CC company that didn't read correctly and mistyped something ... She has contacted them and they re investigating, I'm sure it will work out for her since she is really not involved at all. I just thought geez what a hassel already and I haven't Ben had my 341 yet... *keeping my fingers crossed* ...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X