Filed Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filed Today

Well today I finally filed. Kinda anxious about all of this. No turning back now!!

Which chapter?
    Pay no attention to anything I post. I graduated last in my class from a fly-by-night law school that no longer exists; I never studied or went to class; and I only post on internet forums when I'm too drunk to crawl away from the computer.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Brittanie55 View Post
        Well, give us some details. Lawyer or pro se?
        Pay no attention to anything I post. I graduated last in my class from a fly-by-night law school that no longer exists; I never studied or went to class; and I only post on internet forums when I'm too drunk to crawl away from the computer.

Comment

I have posted all the details on here before, but that was awhile ago so here goes. I am looking to discharge a total of about $28,000.00, I would say $20,000 of that is medical bills and the rest is credit cards.

I have no assets, no money, really no anything. I live with my fiance and he basically pays for everything right now.

The issues with my bk are a preference payment to my aunt from about a year and a month ago and a car that I let my fiance use as trade in for a new car he was getting. My attorney seems pretty confident that the payment to my aunt should not be an issue.

The car situation gets a little complicated, well to me at least. My fiance got $4500 for the trade in valuce of my car that I had. The attorney said for AZ the limit for a single person is $5000 so he is going to claim the $4500 as exempt in my bk. He said I have $4500 of equitable interest in his new car.

That's really it as far as I can think of right now. I am a huge worry wart so I always assume the worst is going to happen with me no matter what people say.

Comment

I am a huge worry wart so I always assume the worst is going to happen with me no matter what people say.
            Now there's a girl after my own heart.

But you know what -- it looks like a pretty simple case.

You're going to be ok.

Comment

I can for sure say one thing I have learned from all of this is how to better manage my money. I am no longer stupid and spend when I don't have the money. If I do not have the cash to pay for something in full, I do not get it.

Comment

If I do not have the cash to pay for something in full, I do not get it.
                If you've learned that much, then you'll be WAY ahead of the game in years to come.

Comment

Hi Brittanie, we just finally filed today as well! I'm a worry wart as well and feeling pretty anxious. If anything can go wrong for me, it will. Yours sounds like a fairly easy case. Our finances are more complicated with businesses.
                  We've filed a non-consumer bankruptcy, which in some ways is easier. But the debts are so high, I'm afraid the trustee is going to get out his microscope and try to make our lives miserable for hurting our creditors so much.

I'll be anxious to see how things go for you. Keep me updated!
                  12/2/09- Filed non-consumer Chp. 7
                  1/11/10- 341 Hearing
                  1/21/10- Confirmed No Asset
                  3/12/10- Discharge date

Comment

JJ - we had a lot of business debt as well. Had our 341 on 11/23 and so far we haven't had any issues. The first hurdle will be over tomorrow (presumption of abuse and dismiss timeline). I don't think we will have an issue but like most people, I tend to prepare for the worst. I look forward to this being all over with. Right now we are trying to focus on DH getting a job and better things for 2010!

Comment

Hi Nerves! That about describes me right now. I keep trying to tell myself that worrying isn't going to help, I just have to wait and see how the chips fall. I read your post about your 341. I'm really hoping no one will show up at ours! We do have a couple of loans with a small bank out of state. I can't imagine they'll make the expense of flying out to my hearing, but they have be pretty unreasonable so far!

Sounds like you have a good attorney. I'm kinda nervous about ours. He's a trustee as well and seems very by the book. We figured, if anyone knew how to file bankruptcy it would be a trustee, and we wanted someone honest that wasn't going to do anything underhanded. I know he definitely knows the laws, but I guess I would have expected him to try to go over our situation with a fine tooth comb to make sure he didn't miss anything. He did have a 40+ page questionnaire that we filled out that is what he filed our case from. But there were several things that it didn't cover that I had to try to explain to him. I'm just afraid I might not have explained something the right way and causing our attorney to file it incorrectly and then having the trustee freak out and think we're trying to get away with something. See what I mean! I'm all nerves!!
                      12/2/09- Filed non-consumer Chp. 7
                      1/11/10- 341 Hearing
                      1/21/10- Confirmed No Asset
                      3/12/10- Discharge date

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X