We did it!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We did it!!

As of yesterday evening, My husband and I have officially filed Chp.7....
    I want to thank everyone for helping me to feel better and I acutally felt like a load was lifted off of my shoulders yesterday when she told us our case number. I did see three flags, but according to my family here; they are okay...(DebtEd, DebtEdJ, and MEANSNO).....I did also see on it says No Assets(somewhere I seen it, I can't remember) and also "The presumption of abuse does not arise...... Are these all good things??
    Filed Ch7: December 02, 2009
    341 Meeting: January 06, 2010

All Good.

You need to get your Debtor Education (Financial Management) course done. This is also known as the pre-discharge class. (That's why you have the DebtEd flag on your case. DebtEdJ is for the "joint" debtor, so you both need to get this done.)
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks JustBroke.....I told my husband that I wanted us to get this done this weekend(even though our lawyer said to make sure it's done before 341; but I would like to get it done as soon as possible...) I don't want any slip ups(or forgetting things)...

Comment

Is your class already included in your lawyer's fees... or do you need to go find a class yourself? Don't pay too much for this class. You should be able to find it for less than $20. I paid $14.95 for an Internet-based class.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I know the credit counseling was included in my total price; and this time they also gave me again the website I needed to use....; and I looked it up the website to see if it is something extra(and it may be $8.00 per person...), so $16.00...(does that sound okay?)

Comment

Sounds good! Anything under $20 is good.

Comment

Great JustBroke....
              Thanks

Comment

Yeah! Congrats on getting the BK ball rolling....
                May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
                May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
                May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
                9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

'grats. you are reminding me of how i felt when i filed. life before and life after are just two totally, entirely different things. before, i was dead. after, there just seemed like there might be a future to pursue.
                  filed ch7 May 09
                  341 june 09
                  discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

Thanks ...
                    That is why I sometimes read old posts; just to look at those of you who were first starting out and the happiness that those of you that have been discharged are showing now..... It helps me to hold on to the fact that I one day will hopefully be at the place the people whom have been discharged, are at now.
                    Thanks

Comment

We filed yesterday too! Do you really already have a date for your 341? Our attorney said it will take 20 days to get a letter with our date.
                      12/2/09- Filed non-consumer Chp. 7
                      1/11/10- 341 Hearing
                      1/21/10- Confirmed No Asset
                      3/12/10- Discharge date

Comment

Yes...I have Pacer...(Thanks to my family here...) So, I was able to pull up the paperwork and see the date. My lawyer actually told me by the end of the week(no later than Monday) with the date....

Comment

I just went on PACER and we got the trustee we were hoping for and our 341 is set for 1/11. Wish it were sooner, but we're finally on our way!
                          12/2/09- Filed non-consumer Chp. 7
                          1/11/10- 341 Hearing
                          1/21/10- Confirmed No Asset
                          3/12/10- Discharge date

Comment

I wished it was earlier too; but then I was like, it will be here before you know it....

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X